Tourist Visa Renew

John1017

Registered
I know this has been talked to death here in the forums I just wanted to ask if anyone has been to retiro recently to renew their three month visa.

I hear it's 600 big ones now, do you still just go with photocopy of your passport wait in line and pay? I was planning on doing all of that when I left the country but because I need a password with a good tourist visa to pick up my package at Aduana I need to do that. I should just get my residency but that's another story.

In another post, you alluded to clothes coming for your child (Congratulations! :) ) and that you are married. If your wife is Argentine, you're eligible for permanent residency right away. If she's not, as soon as your child is born and has a DNI--you can then apply for permanent residency (and later citizenship, if so inclined). You would not need to renew your tourist stamp. Forgive me if you posted your history elsewhere.

In another post, you alluded to clothes coming for your child (Congratulations! :) ) and that you are married. If your wife is Argentine, you're eligible for permanent residency right away. If she's not, as soon as your child is born and has a DNI--you can then apply for permanent residency (and later citizenship, if so inclined). You would not need to renew your tourist stamp. Forgive me if you posted your history elsewhere.

Wouldn't whether or not John should renew his tourist visa depend on how long the Aduana would hold his package before "returning" it? If they charge a daily "storage" fee, that cost alone might add up to a lot more more than $600 pesos by the time he gets permanent residency (which would probably take at least two months , especially if a foreign criminal report was needed, and would also require spending several thousand pesos).
emo32.gif

If he thinks 600 pesos is a lot, wait until he gets the storage charges at Aduanas. The package won't be returned, it will be opened and given to an employee with a baby on the way.

Aduanas doesn't care about his tourist visa, only the dollars they want to pay for the package.

The fee from Aduana is around 700 pesos now to get my package, and after a lengthy chat with aduana they will let me have my package for that 700 pesos and a legal tourist visa stamp.

I should just get my permanent residency since I've been married to my wife for over a year, but I just haven't. The only reason I need to get my tourist visa renewed is for this package being held by the aduana mafia. So I will pay 600 for tourist visa and 700 to get my package from ezeiza customs. Yippy

The fee from Aduana is around 700 pesos now to get my package, and after a lengthy chat with aduana they will let me have my package for that 700 pesos and a legal tourist visa stamp.

I should just get my permanent residency since I've been married to my wife for over a year, but I just haven't. The only reason I need to get my tourist visa renewed is for this package being held by the aduana mafia. So I will pay 600 for tourist visa and 700 to get my package from ezeiza customs. Yippy

If your tourist visa has already expired, I believe there is a 50% penalty that will be charged to extend it at migraciones and I believe there is a limited amount of time after the expiration to get the extension there (possibly 30 days).

They can also refuse to extend it if giving the extension would mean you would be in Argentina more than 180 days in the past year (hopefully, excluding the days since your 90 day visa expired) or you got your last 90 day visa by going to Uruguay. Even if neither of these reasons apply, they will probably tell you to just regularize your status after you tell them you're married to an Argentine.

They might also tell you to go to Uruguay to get a new visa (which would mean paying the $600 peso overstay fee as well as the cost of the trip)...just to be able to pay the $700 pesos to get your package.

They refused to renew the visa and recommended the Uruguay trip. I thought I could get away with not renewing the tourist visa until I left the country but now I really wouldn't advise people to live like that. Either pay the extension on time or do the paperwork for residency. I'm married to an argentine so it won't be to hard.

Back