Tourist visa reqs crossing from Uruguay

Okay

Registered
Good day everyone.

please what do I present to the Argentina immigration when migration from Uruguay to Argentina by ferry terminal to obtain my first 3 months tourist/visit visa.

Am coming from one of the west African countries.

thanks.

Am coming from Nigeria. but going through Uruguay.
do I need to present my passport and do I need to pay an entry permit fee in my country first then present my online generated receipt after the payment to the Argentina immigration officers also? in order to obtain my first 3 months visa Stamp.

But I would love to be given a clear guide on how everything should go.

thanks.

You would need to apply for a Argentine tourist visa at embassy of Argentina in Nigeria ( or in a nearby country to Nigeria..if there is no Argentine embassy in Nigeria).

On other side if you are already in Argentina, I believe you can apply for refugee status...There is a special office for that to file for application. If allocated refugee status, you can stay here indefinitely ( till circumstances improve in your country) and/or you apply for citizenship here.

Am coming from Nigeria. but going through Uruguay.
do I need to present my passport and do I need to pay an entry permit fee in my country first then present my online generated receipt after the payment to the Argentina immigration officers also? in order to obtain my first 3 months visa Stamp.

But I would love to be given a clear guide on how everything should go.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Write your reply...but I guess one can obtain a visa Stamp from the immigration department if you are to go through Uruguay boarder.
is it not possible one get a tourist visa if he or she want to go into Argentina through Montevideo Uruguay, is it must you go to the embassy there?

Write your reply...but I guess one can obtain a visa Stamp from the immigration department if you are to go through Uruguay boarder.
is it not possible one get a tourist visa if he or she want to go into Argentina through Montevideo Uruguay, is it must you go to the embassy there?

After reading this post I beleive that I fully understand you plan, but I'm sorry to have to tell you that your "guess" is incorrect and your plan will not succeed. You are equating an entry stamp that is made in a passport at the border with a tourist visa issued by an Argentine embassy and they are not exactly the same.

All the posts about entering Argentina through Uruguay to get a new 90 day stamp may have been confusing. They were written by and apply to individuals who are passport holders from some (actually, just a few) of the 87 countries (aka jurisdictions) and they are exempt from first getting a tourist visa issued by an Argentina embassy or consulate.

Nigeria is not one of those jurisdictions.

In order to even try to enter Argentina through Uruguay you would first need a visa issued by an Uruguayan embassy and then you would still need a visa issued by an Argentine embassy to enter Argentina from Uruguay, even if you tried to cross the border by boat or bus.

Both countries require a visit to the an Argentine or Uruguayan embassy in person to get the visas! Uruguay will not let you into the country if you don't obtain a tourist visa prior to arrival, even if you tell them you are going on to Argentina.

Uruguay does not have an embassy in Nigeria, Argentina does, so if you want to come to Argentina from Nigeria, it's essential that apply for a tourist visa at the Argentine embassy in Abuja (if you're now in Nigeria).

Paying an "entry fee" on line and showing the receipt to an Argentine immigration official at a port of entry is not an alternative to actually going to the embassy and getting the tourist visa.

I seriously doubt any airline will allow you to board a plane to either country if you do not already have the required tourist visa for your destination in your passport, so please don't leave home without it.

PS: And (as suggested in the quote in my next post) don't purchase your round trip airline tickets before you have been granted the visa.

Last edited:
Okay,
Visa para Turismo
Google Translate version (Scroll down to "Visa for Tourism")

Visa for Tourism
Visas for tourism * can be processed before any Consular Representation of the Argentine Republic . The period of stay authorized for this type of visa is up to ninety (90) days. The procedure is personal, and the applicant must submit the following documentation (original and copy) to the corresponding Consulate:

1. Valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months to the date of entry into the country, and at least one sheet (two pages) in white available
  2. Two (2) current 4x4cm photographs, front, color, white background
  3. Full visa application form (preferably in electronic form) and signed by the applicant
  4. Proof of economic solvency (For example, last receipts of assets, last credit card statement or last bank account summary)
  5. Reservation of round trip tickets (it is recommended not to purchase the tickets until the visa has not been granted)
  6. Hotel reservation and tourist itinerary
  7. In case of not having a hotel reservation, and if an invitation from an individual, an invitation letter
  8. Payment of the consular fee: $ 150 (US Dollars or Euros, according to the Consular Representation of processing, payable in the local currency where the Representation is located)
  9. Consular interview
The preceding enumeration is not exhaustive and the consular authority may require supplementary or additional documentation, as deemed appropriate.

Back