Tourist visa reqs crossing from Uruguay

Do not come by ferry. Do it by land. Nigerians are accepted as refugies, so, you do not need to arrive legally, once here you apply for refugie status at ACNUR.

While I'm sure this is the kind of answer Okay has been hoping for, do you have any suggestions as to how he might be able to get on a plane to fly to Uruguay without first getting a visa to visit Uruguay as a tourist and what the chances of that might be?

Also, if he does come to Argentina from Uruguay by land, are you saying he can ask for refugee status at the border and that he will "automatically" be admitted?

Last edited:
While I'm sure this is the kind of answer Okay has been hoping for, do you have any suggestions as to how he might be able to get on a plane to fly to Uruguay without first getting a visa to visit Uruguay as a tourist and what the chances of that might be?

Also, if he does come to Argentina from Uruguay by land, are you saying he can ask for refugee status at the border and that he will "automatically" be admitted?

My interpretation of BC's post would have been to go further north and walk across the land border then "report in" once on Argentine soil. BICBW

That makes sense, but won't he need a tourist visa to a border country to get on a plane to ever get close enough to Argentine soil to pull that off?

Good point.

I admit that I had assumed that the OP was already in Uruguay but re-reading I can see that is probably not the case.

To the OP: Where are you writing from?

if you can find a nigerian airline flying into argentina that does not care about regulations, only the money, use bajo's suggestion by going direct.

if you can find a nigerian airline flying into argentina that does not care about regulations, only the money, use bajo's suggestion by going direct.

If you can find a Nigerian airline flying into Argentina it might be a bit off course. 1519084263408.png

But seriously, if Okay could get a tourist visa to enter Argentina (and entered legally) would he still be able to claim refugee status and would he actually have to "prove" that he was a "persecuted" person in Nigeria in order to be granted that status in Argentina?

If you can find a Nigerian airline flying into Argentina it might be a bit off course. View attachment 4875

But seriously, if Okay could get a tourist visa to enter Argentina (and entered legally) would he still be able to claim refugee status and would he actually have to "prove" that he was a "persecuted" person in Nigeria in order to be granted that status in Argentina?

find a nigerian airline flying into argentina that does not only the money, use bajo's suggestion by going direct.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="steveinbsas, post: 354235, member:Nigerian airline flying into Argentina it might be a bit off course. View attachment 4875

But seriously, if Okay could get a tourist visa to enter Argentina (and entered legally) would he still be able to claim refugee status and would he actually have to "prove" that he was a "persecuted" person in Nigeria in order to be granted that statu

I have my international passport, and my receiver will be in Uruguay to take me across the moment I comes in to Uruguay.

I am applying for a tourist visa by Uruguay. but hopefully to be taken to the immigration officers by the border of Uruguay and Argentina by my receiver to my first 3 months visit visa at my arrival.

won't it be possible to get a visa on arrival even when being presented by my receiver in the immigration department at the entry border?

Back