Tourist visa reqs crossing from Uruguay

If you can find a Nigerian airline flying into Argentina it might be a bit off course. View attachment 4875

But seriously, if Okay could get a tourist visa to enter Argentina (and entered legally) would he still be able to claim refugee status and would he actually have to "prove" that he was a "persecuted" person in Nigeria in order to be granted that status in Argentina?

Airlines are heavily fined if they do so. Plus once here at the airport he is going to be deported right away.
Regarding refugee status, depends.

won't it be possible to get a visa on arrival even when being presented by my receiver in the immigration department at the entry border?

I don't know how much influence your receiver might have with Argentine migrations officials. The question that needs to be answered is if you can show up at the border without a tourist visa (which is required for a Nigerian passport holder) and ask for refugee status in Argentina.

Another question to ask is why you aren't applying for a tourist visa for Argentina?

I have my international passport, and my receiver will be in Uruguay to take me across the moment I comes in to Uruguay.

I am applying for a tourist visa by Uruguay. but hopefully to be taken to the immigration officers by the border of Uruguay and Argentina by my receiver to my first 3 months visit visa at my arrival.

won't it be possible to get a visa on arrival even when being presented by my receiver in the immigration department at the entry border?

No.
You need a visa to go into Argentina through customs.
But article 15 of the bill of rights says that the slave that in any way put a step on Argentina sold are free. This is a permission for illegal entry.
There are 2 ways to do it: a) illegal and b) once rejected in the border line through an habeas corpus. I cannot advice you on the first one.

I don't know how much influence your receiver might have with Argentine migrations officials. The question that needs to be answered is if you can show up at the border without a tourist visa (which is required for a Nigerian passport holder) and ask for refugee status in Argentina.

Another question to ask is why you aren't applying for a tourist visa for Argentina?

With all my respect Steve, do not be naive, he is referring to the human trafficker.

He does not apply for a visa because he does not full fit a category, simple.
You should ask for advice at CAREF. google it. They specialize in refugee and they are a non profit organization.

With all my respect Steve, do not be naive, he is referring to the human trafficker.
Does this mean it's easier (in the international "market") for a Nigerian passport holder to "buy" a tourist visa to Uruguay than to Argentina?

PS: Why would I automatically assume that his "receiver" was a "human trafficker" if he was going to "present" Okay to the Argentine immigration authorities at the border? Okay appears to believe that's how he will get his 90 day visa. He appears to be quite uncertain about the process and just tonight shared the information about the visa for Uruguay, but not how he's actually getting one...

Last edited:
find a nigerian airline flying into argentina that does not only the money, use bajo's suggestion by going direct.
find a nigerian airline flying into argentina that does not only the money, use bajo's suggestion by going direct.
Does this mean it's easier (in the international "market") for a Nigerian passport holder to "buy" a tourist visa to Uruguay than to Argentina?

PS: Why would I automatically assume that his "receiver" was a "human trafficker" if he was going to "present" Okay to the Argentine immigration authorities at the border? Okay appears to believe that's how he will get his 90 day visa. He appears to be quite uncertain about the process and just tonight shared the information about the visa for Uruguay, but not how he's actually getting one...

really apologize for the for the problems using the new format on my iphone. steve i agree with bajo. if your fleeing nigeria for safety reasons, why not stay in Uruguay. my apologizes Okay, maybe i don't have enough information. my experience with the embassies has been to protect the country from intending immigrants. i live part time next to mexico. the immigration people protect against this type of behavior. it looks like a hand off from the coyote to the country desired. you need to have a laywer on retention when you arrive in argentina so he can navigate the legal system if your intention is to get amnesty for political reasons. your passport is your passport. visas are visas. the passport dictates the regulation. mi dos centavos.

Back