Tragedy In New York; Five Argentines Killed

An interesting piece in todays BA Times by former Herald editor, James Neilson:

http://www.batimes.c...-not-name.phtml
'From time to time, opinion polls have shown that in most predominantly Muslim countries a large proportion of the inhabitants agree that apostates, homosexuals, women who commit adultery, and others regarded as deviants deserve to be put to death, that democracy is ungodly and therefore incompatible with Islam and that unbelievers should be treated as second class citizens and taxed accordingly, but few respectable politicians have let themselves be disturbed by such findings.'
(James understated the problem.)

To the extent political labels have any utility (and i don't think they have much), I have always regarded myself as a liberal or progressive. In my opinion, Trump is a pathological liar unfit to be the president of the US. The only reason he won the election (if you can call it winning after losing the popular vote by a couple of million votes) was his position on Muslim immigration. Pure and simple. He, the pussy grabber, was saying what a lot of non-elite, obsequiously politically correct people were thinking, but not saying out loud. You may call it demagoguery, but it isn't that if the emotion that is being appealed to is a justifiable sense of peaceful self preservation.
From a recent issue of the National Review:
http://www.nationalr...haria-supremacy

"Now, let’s go back to the president’s tweeting after yesterday’s atrocity in Manhattan:
' @realDonaldTrump
We must not allow ISIS to return, or enter, our country after defeating them in the Middle East and elsewhere. Enough!'
Right . . . except it’s never going to be “Enough!” until the Swamp is willing to acknowledge what the challenge is. It is not ISIS. Jihadist organizations are a symptom. The pathology is sharia supremacism. If you don’t vet for it, you’re going to keep having attacks long after ISIS, which started as al-Qaeda, transforms into whatever the next flavor-of-the-month jihad group is. Sharia supremacism is not a religion. It is a totalitarian political ideology with a religious veneer. This is the critical distinction — ideology, not religion. If we cannot vet for sharia supremacism because the political establishment decides it is not a political ideology but an Islamic religion entitled to all First Amendment protections, then we cannot protect the country. Period. So maybe we can stop the bombast about how the vetting must be extreme and get down to the business of winning the debate over what the vetting must be about.
Read more at: http://www.nationalr...haria-supremacy" (emphasis mine)

amen.

Since Sharia has its basis in the Koran, you can hardly say that religion is but a "veneer". To do so is to fail to see the forest through the trees.

just found out that a couple of these guys were friends of friends. Architects all know each other, and I have friends who taught in Rosario.
Very sad, and senseless.

Back