Train To Mar Del Plata Returns; Cheap And Slow

The Plusmar first class suite busses are super comfy and much faster than this train!
are those the same as the "semi cama" ones? i've taken a couple bus trips in my time here with those seats, they are plenty comfy but i'm a tall guy and i often find myself wishing for a little more foot room.

I tried BOSE but they were uncomfortable. I prefer no music on trains.

are those the same as the "semi cama" ones? i've taken a couple bus trips in my time here with those seats, they are plenty comfy but i'm a tall guy and i often find myself wishing for a little more foot room.

On Plusmar, the semi cama buses are actually the least comfortable. They just recline a little bit. The cama ejecutivo buses are similar to business class, with seats that recline about 45 degrees and footrests. The Suite 1 Classe buses are really first class, with seats that lie totally flat and curtains for privacy. For some reason, there is very little difference in price between each class of seat, but the difference in the actual seat is huge. I would estimate at the holidays that they are about 19, 24 and 28 US dollars each way for each class. You also get some snacks and bottled water. I like Plusmar because their buses are quite clean, usually on time, and the drivers are good. Just make sure you get a seat upstairs. Downstairs is dark and creepy and you’re stuck with the bathroom.

On Plusmar, the semi cama buses are actually the least comfortable. They just recline a little bit. The cama ejecutivo buses are similar to business class, with seats that recline about 45 degrees and footrests. The Suite 1 Classe buses are really first class, with seats that lie totally flat and curtains for privacy. For some reason, there is very little difference in price between each class of seat, but the difference in the actual seat is huge. I would estimate at the holidays that they are about 19, 24 and 28 US dollars each way for each class. You also get some snacks and bottled water. I like Plusmar because their buses are quite clean, usually on time, and the drivers are good. Just make sure you get a seat upstairs. Downstairs is dark and creepy and you’re stuck with the bathroom.
But on the other hand,upstairs,the bus moves a lot,due to the fact that it is very tall.

But on the other hand,upstairs,the bus moves a lot,due to the fact that it is very tall.

Funny, but I’ve truly never noticed a lot of movement upstairs and I’ve been going on Plusmar since the early 2000s. I feel like their drivers drive quite slowly (sometimes it even drives me a little crazy), but the safety issue is the biggest reason I always go with them. The main challenge is dealing with Retiro...four identical buses will pull up at the same time, going to the same place, and you sometimes have to rush around to confirm which one is yours before they tear outta there.

Back