Transfer US Dollars out of Argentina

If there is an inmobiliaria involved, ask them for suggestions.

I am going thru a similar transaction...selling a house and transferring to USA...about 1/3 of the total you mention...in PBA about 300km from Capital.

My inmboliaria suggested local place, similar to Casa Puente mentioned above, that would do the transfer...2-2.5% comission

I am sure in Capital I could get lower comission...just that driving with all that cash is not really appealing
Are you receiving US dollars for your sale. Casa Puente say the US dollars need to be converted from MEB to Cable before they can be transferred internationally from Argentina. The conversion costs c.3%. I never knew there were different types of US dollars.

If there is an inmobiliaria involved, ask them for suggestions.

I am going thru a similar transaction...selling a house and transferring to USA...about 1/3 of the total you mention...in PBA about 300km from Capital.

My inmboliaria suggested local place, similar to Casa Puente mentioned above, that would do the transfer...2-2.5% comission

I am sure in Capital I could get lower comission...just that driving with all that cash is not really appealing
Do you have any general advice for a US citizen contemplating buying property in Argentina?

Are you receiving US dollars for your sale. Casa Puente say the US dollars need to be converted from MEB to Cable before they can be transferred internationally from Argentina. The conversion costs c.3%. I never knew there were different types of US dollars.
Cable Dollar is used for bonds and stock exchanges between different countries. It is also known ad " contado con liqui " They will buy a local sovereign bond denominated in dollars transfer it to a foreign stock account and sell it just so the proceeds can be transferred to a foreign bank account in dollars.

I am getting dollar bills...

Do you have any general advice for a US citizen contemplating buying property in Argentina?
not sure what would be relevant for you, or what type of property you are thinking of...if you are looking at apartment/houses argentine real estate right now is below its peak from a few years ago, so it might be a good time to buy....

not sure what would be relevant for you, or what type of property you are thinking of...if you are looking at apartment/houses argentine real estate right now is below its peak from a few years ago, so it might be a good time to buy....
General factors that would convince the majority of US citizens that owning property in Argentina isn't worth it?

General factors that would convince the majority of US citizens that owning property in Argentina isn't worth it?
why "isn't worth it"?....

I think the issues discussed in this thread show some of the problems: difficulty in moving capital in/out of the country, many and confusing exchange rates, etc

Depending on location, I would add very slow market...has taken me over 18 months to sell this property, even at a ~30% discount from the 2018 values...

as an investor, rental yields are very very low...

Back