Transferring funds from Argentina to Canada

harrisonba

Registered
A porteño friend is selling some of my stuff after I leave, and I am wondering how he will get the money to me. Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Western Union has these restrictions:
  • Maximum send amount is 300 USD or local equivalent per person, per transaction, per month.
  • All transactions sent from Argentina should be for family support.

I apologize if this question has already been answered -- I searched, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Depending on where in Canada and the amount, I know someone who can help (but not for free). PM me if you are interested.

This is going to sound totally round about, but what about using something like AirBNB? List your own place, have him make an offer on it, he'll pay on his credit card, you'll receive the cash however you set up with the.

There is a flat fee I BELIEVE to guests (him) and then a small percentage to the host (3%?) ... not perfect but the easiest way I can think of (that doesn't involve other people, per se)

Or, if you have a friend here who is Canadian - have him give it to them in pesos, and have that Canadian etransfer you the money. That's what I did for a friend, in reverse (she transferred me Cdn $, I paid a mutual friend she owed money to in pesos).

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I will likely have him just give the money to a visiting Canadian friend if it comes to that...

Back