Transferring Funds To The U.s.

claytownsend

Registered
I'm starting a new business in the U.S. and need to move some money here from BA.

I have not been in BA for a few years and understand that it is now quite difficult to wire or send funds to the U.S. etc. Does anyone know the current best way to transfer funds to the U.S.? The funds are in Pesos.

Thank you!

End well this will not... Your best bet is to find someone who needs pesos and exchange at the blue rate (they transfer the dollar amount to your US account or give it to you in cash). As far as I know you have close to 0 chance of getting the pesos to USD's officially. The peso is basically worthless outside Argentina.

If you have access to a credit card linked to your account in Argentina you could purchase something online in the USA and send it to a USA address that will will be able to resell at near the same price and then sell it when you get back to the USA for dollars. Then maybe you are only paying the 20% surcharge or whatever it is, a lot better than the blue rate. Not sure if this is possible and if there is a limit on the purchase amount based on credit limit etc and other fees

I'm starting a new business in the U.S. and need to move some money here from BA.

I have not been in BA for a few years and understand that it is now quite difficult to wire or send funds to the U.S. etc. Does anyone know the current best way to transfer funds to the U.S.? The funds are in Pesos.

Thank you!

first time poster ...... He may be fishing. Careful everyone.

Moreno, is that you? Welcome to our humble abode! Your English is a lot better than your economic policies, I'll give you that. :rolleyes:

somewhereinba: just adding a little something to your comment: the peso is also basically worthless inside argentina.

That is correct. The Peso is absolutely worthless here in Argentina. Further, it is a liability since Pesos take up space. As a courtesy to all the expats here in BA I'm collecting all the worthless Pesos and disposing of them. Collection will be on Thursdays. Please PM with your address and please have Pesos stacked and banded in $1000AR blocks.

This is a FREE service available only to expats and participating Argentines. Space is limited. Call NOW!

Back