TransferWise comes to Argentina

Thank you.
Indeed they logged me into my bank account that was already on the list.
Must admit I`m still skeptical …. (sorry to say)
Can`t be that simple … can it?
I was skeptical, too. I’ve come to accept the slow, bureaucratic, and heavily laden with paperwork way that is prevalent here.

I was skeptical, too. I’ve come to accept the slow, bureaucratic, and heavily laden with paperwork way that is prevalent here.

Thank you so very much.
So it is true !!! It is ridiculously that simple !
Now I`m a believer.
My first TEST transfer was SATISFACTORILY CLOSED COMPLETE yesterday !!!!!!!

Meanwhile it took a bit longer, because there was a different issue with DIRECT DEBIT $CAD.
TransferWise genuinely and sincerely acknowledged the issue.
Better yet they fixed the issue.
And above and beyond the call, .. they offered 2 free transfers of up to 1000GBP each.
What a way to treat a client. Awesome customer support team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I`m very appreciative and a very happy camper and would highly recommend TransferWise to my dearest friends.
From now on, I will confidently count on TransferWise to transfer ALL my Argentine retirement expenses from my Canadian acct.

Last edited:
Has anybody used transferwise to send a payment to an argentina account that is in USD? It does not seem to ask for the CBU. I have an email out to transferwise, but I figure I am not the only one with this question.

Thank you so very much.
So it is true !!! It is ridiculously that simple !
Now I`m a believer.
My first TEST transfer was SATISFACTORILY CLOSED COMPLETE yesterday !!!!!!!

Meanwhile it took a bit longer, because there was a different issue with DIRECT DEBIT $CAD.
TransferWise genuinely and sincerely acknowledged the issue.
Better yet they fixed the issue.
And above and beyond the call, .. they offered 2 free transfers of up to 1000GBP each.
What a way to treat a client. Awesome customer support team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I`m very appreciative and a very happy camper and would highly recommend TransferWise to my dearest friends.
From now on, I will confidently count on TransferWise to transfer ALL my Argentine retirement expenses from my Canadian acct.
And pickup locations? Downtown only?

Has anybody used transferwise to send a payment to an argentina account that is in USD? It does not seem to ask for the CBU. I have an email out to transferwise, but I figure I am not the only one with this question.
I think TransferWise would have no problem sending dollars anywhere.
The problem is Argentina will not let you have your dollars here.
Am I wrong?

I got my transfer very conveniently Directly Debited from my Canadian acct and Directly Deposited into my Argentine bank acct.
No questions asked (besides what I listed above) …. and absolutely no documentation submitted !
Too easy …. hard to believe !

FYI... Cueva on Scalabrini Ortiz y Charcas is open for business , USD to pesos= 37 today!1536764033529.jpg

FYI... Cueva on Scalabrini Ortiz y Charcas is open for business , USD to pesos= 37 today!View attachment 5185
Why Cueva?
TW rate is 38.333 ... before you walk to reach your Cueva your funds would have been already deposited into your peso acct.
5 key strokes (Less than a day … very close to real time)
What a beauty this thing is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I`m afraid of starting getting used to this !!!!!! Awesome team !!!!!!! Wish them all success in the world !!!!!!!

BTW … I also got my 2 free transfers …. yeaaaaaaah !!!!

I don't have an Argentine bank account. Can I still send myself $$$ from my US bank ?
@D.B.Cooper, @Neil :
I phoned TW to inquire about their payout locations in BA.
They told me it is very unfortunate … they only deposit funds into Bank Accts only.
No cash payout locations.

Back