translater that knows visa procedures

SJL

Registered
I am looking for a translater that understands the procedures for obtaining a retirement visa, and can guide me in the process. I am American and retired.

Perhaps someone who has completed the process of applying for the visa pensionado can at least provide a list of what is required.

Have you checked on the migraciones website (RADEX) to see the requisites?

If necessary, you can use Google translate to see the results in English.

Argentina tends to have very specialized and specific services, this is common in several fields, not just translation or visa facilitation (opticians, or nurses for example). The OP can find a visa facilitator ("gestor" in Spanish), who can advise him or her about visa requirements, and provide support throughput the interaction with Migraciones. Probably many of us can recommend a facilitator. Translation, especially legalized translation, is a very different specialization, any decent facilitator can recommend an accredited translator, but it's almost certainly not going to be the same person.

Argentina tends to have very specialized and specific services, this is common in several fields, not just translation or visa facilitation (opticians, or nurses for example). The OP can find a visa facilitator ("gestor" in Spanish), who can advise him or her about visa requirements, and provide support throughput the interaction with Migraciones. Probably many of us can recommend a facilitator. Translation, especially legalized translation, is a very different specialization, any decent facilitator can recommend an accredited translator, but it's almost certainly not going to be the same person.

I don't think the OP is looking for an accredited translator at this point, just a list of the requirements for the visa, including which docs (proof of income and the FBI report) need to be legally translated...after receiving the Apostille.

The search engine of this site probably has most of the answers.

I never used a gestor and dumped the lawyer my Argentine girlfriend insisted I use to get temporary residency after she told me I could only legally buy a property in her name and send the money to a "special account" in the lawyer's name.

I went to migraciones with Patricia several times the first two years. She acted as my translator there until I had been in the country long enough to learn enough Spanish to do it on my own.

PS: Of course I used an accredited translator in Argentina to make the legal translations of the docs required by migraciones. I was always able to do that on my own as, obviously, the translator could speak English.

Last edited:
girlfriend insisted I use to get temporary residency after she told me I could only legally buy a property in her name and send the money to a "special account" in the lawyer's name.

O my, with such girlfriends we don't need enemies:)

The OP seems to need somebody who speaks Spanish and English and knows a bit how DNM works, nada de otro mundo. Anybody who did DNI can help. Tranqui:))

OP never say in South America that you are american. Anybody from North or South America is american, so people can get a little(or a lot) offended, it's like you rob the "American" from them, like you are and they are not. Safer option to say is estadounidense, norteamericano.

Back