Translation Clarification

TruchoTango

Registered
To clarify for foristas.

I received numerous suggestions to have as much translation done in the US, instead of the more costly and time consuming translation here in Argentina. During my visit to Migraciones today, I was informed that such foreign translations are invalid.

Any document that must be translated, has to be translated by an official translator here in Argentina.

Hope this helps someone.

To clarify for foristas.

I received numerous suggestions to have as much translation done in the US, instead of the more costly and time consuming translation here in Argentina. During my visit to Migraciones today, I was informed that such foreign translations are invalid.

Any document that must be translated, has to be translated by an official translator here in Argentina.

Hope this helps someone.

Not only does it have to be translated by an official translator here, but the translation must then be legalized by the Colegio de Traductores Publicos de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires. Typing that made my fingers hurt.

Normally the translator can get this extra step done by him/herself, but it must be done.

An exception is if you are processing your residency at an Argentine consulate abroad, those accept translations by official translators in the relevant jurisdiction.

I dont' know where you got the info to translate everything in the US.... the usual recommendation is to get your fingerprints done in the US and then have them legalized ad the DoS.
In Argentina, any document needed for legal purposes must be done by a Traductor Publico, and his/her signature as to be legalized by the relevant Colegio.

Plus, I don't think Traductores Publicos are expensive. Their fees seem very reasonable to me.

I do translation for Italian immigration purposes (probably to be handed over to the Italian consulates in in the US) and the USCIS and I charge more than that. Every country has their requirement as far as translations go. In the US and in Italy there is no such thing as a Traductor Publico - anybody can do the translation, then they sign a paper stating they are competent in the two languages and their translation is a true rendition of the original. You take responsibility for the translation, of course.

In Argentina, Traductores Publico have completed a 4 years University course in translation, and are registered in a Colego.
I had to have translated my Criminal Record from Italian to Spanish by a local TP for my residency, as well.

You can find a TP here: http://www.traductores.org.ar/buscar
There are other Colegios in La Plata, San Isidro e somewhere else, in case you don't live in Capital.

Back