Translation Service in BA

Sequoia1321

Registered
Do you know of a good translation service that can do Spanish to English translation assistance, like when I need to call somewhere for example, they can do 2 way calling with me and help to translate?

never heard of that. just struggle like the rest of us, it's how you learn.

Like call on demand? I'm sure there's people you could find who'd work on retainer, that being said, if you plan on staying here, here's my advise as someone who learned Spanish in their mid 20s with a focus on being understood vs. writing essays for the RAE:

- Complete the Duolingo Spanish course on your phone
- Do the basic (i.e. non-convoluted tenses and conjugation) courses multiple times
- Watch Spanish Language media/movies with English subs
- Find someone to practice with
- Read the news, and copy and paste in to Google translate words you don't understand/want to confirm are right

I'm now married to someone who doesn't speak English, and I first started learning Spanish in earnest in 2015, so it's possible to as an adult, plus it makes it a lot easier to live here. My method wasn't/isn't perfect as I've said, my Argentine friends describe my Spanish as someone who focused on vocabulary vs language rules, and despite not always using the right tense or conjugation, in 99% of my daily interaction here, whether the bank, stores, transit, etc. I don't have to use Google Translate.

Do you need a translator or an interpreter?
For example now I am looking for public translators to officially translate documents from the US. On the this web site, there is a list of public translators of different sorts, by language and by neighbourhood, in case it helps: https://www.traductores.org.ar/traductores/

Do you need a translator or an interpreter?
For example now I am looking for public translators to officially translate documents from the US. On the this web site, there is a list of public translators of different sorts, by language and by neighbourhood, in case it helps: https://www.traductores.org.ar/traductores/

I think I’m looking for an interpreter, or perhaps just a personal assistant who can speak English and gets paid per job, like a contractor as opposed to a regular employee. Is there like an upwork site for Argentina?

Back