Translation service needed

davonz

Registered
Can anyone recommend a translator who can do a turn around in a day ?

I need the "toda documentación redactada en idioma extranjero deberá ser traducida al castellano por traductor público nacional (art. 6 ley 20305)" for my rentista visa.

What is the going rate - have been told around 25 to 30 centavos per word (i am guessing 4 letters to a word). There is 258 characters not including spaces.

You best bet is to have a look here
http://www.traductores.org.ar/nuevo_org/home/busque_traductor/
and contact the translators closest to where you live (as you'll have to drop off and pick up your papers at wherever they work). The translator I used for all this was able to give me a 3 day turnaround...which is pretty standard (they seem to be fairly busy).
Generally, they charge you per document (unless the doc is really big). Mine charged me per folio used (turned out to be 1 folio per doc). I think it was either 120 or 150 pesos per folio (can't remember which one but I was quoted the same price by all the translators I contacted) and it didn't matter whether there were 100 words to translate on the doc or 500.
Don't forget that when your document has been translated, you have to take it down to the Colegio de traductores to be legalised (none of the translators I contacted offered this additional service...it's something you have to do yourself). I think it cost 40 pesos per doc. If you get there before midday (I think), they'll let you wait.

davonz,

On Lavalle across from the Courthouse building there is a bunch of small Escribano/Traduccion stores. You can ask how much would it cost to translate your document (don't forget to mention that translation needs to be legalized) and they will give you a quote right away. Compare prices at, say, 3 different places, since they can be very different.

Many of these places are just storefronts. There is usually a kid who puts your documents into an envelope and brings it to a nearby translation agency. I think they work with several companies or individual translators at once so they know who is available at the moment.

Thanks Igor - what cross street is the courthouse on.. i can never remember seeing it..

davonz said:
Can anyone recommend a translator who can do a turn around in a day ?

I need the "toda documentación redactada en idioma extranjero deberá ser traducida al castellano por traductor público nacional (art. 6 ley 20305)" for my rentista visa.

What is the going rate - have been told around 25 to 30 centavos per word (i am guessing 4 letters to a word). There is 258 characters not including spaces.

SHE´S THE BEST. I DO TRANSLATION WORK MYSELF BUT I AM NOT A TRADUCTORA PÚBLICA SO WHEN I NEED TO RECOMMEND SOMEONE I SEND THINGS OVER TO HER.
HERE´S HER EMAIL:
[email protected]

Back