Translator needed...

yabasta

Registered
I need a translator to come with me to a meeting in BsAs. Where can I find one? I have read about translator service on this site for documents, but I need a translator in person.

I know Maria Mercedes Bide, provides those services:
here´s her info:

BA Bilingual Coach - Bilingual assistance and Translation services during your stay in BA, through our proposal EMBRACE BS AS •

[email protected]
(54 9 11) 45 50 09 54 (International)
10 am - 6 pm (argentine time)

María Mercedes Bide
15 45 50 09 54 (from Buenos Aires)

Sounds like you need an interpreter, someone able to translate as you speak. Translators do written work, while interpreters work at conferences and meetings, doing simultaneous translations.

I've worked as both, but am now retired.

yabasta said:
I need a translator to come with me to a meeting in BsAs. Where can I find one? I have read about translator service on this site for documents, but I need a translator in person.

Like Sara says, it sounds like you need an interpreter. But it really depends on what situation and how official you want it. Just finding somebody who is perfectly bilingual and aware of the context and what you are trying to accomplish might be better than an licensed interpreter. Feel free to write me and explain a little bit more and I can connect you with the right person including licensed professional ones if needed.

I need a public translator (not an interpreter) for my birth certificate, university diploma, and transcript.

Can anyone recommend someone? I´m interested in current recommendations. Please provide full contact info (especially telephone number) if possible since I would like to get this done ASAP.

Thanks!

Howard, thanks. Martín´s people sound expensive. I was looking for a localish rate.

Have any students gotten stuff translated for University/Grad School? How much does it cost? A friend of mine who is traveling told me it cost approx 150 pesos for all of her docs.

Tinto, take a look at this website: http://www.traductores.org.ar/nuevo...el5=&nivel6=&nivel7=&nivel8=&nivel9=&nivel10=

It's the official organization for translators in BA. Scroll down a little and you'll see a box that says "¿Necesita un traductor publico?" That will take you to a handy form where you can search for a translator by language needed, specialty and location. I've used several translators through the site and have been pleased with almost all of them. It's nice because you get the names and contact info of a lot of translators and can call them for their rates. I've found that it can really vary.

tinto said:
Howard, thanks. Martín´s people sound expensive. I was looking for a localish rate.

Tinto, why do I "sound expensive"? Please email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a quote for the translations you need (if you send me a scanned copy I'll give you the exact amount you will have to pay).

Also, our translator works as an interpreter, if needed.

yabasta ,

I consider myself fluent/bilingual. I am a native English speaker with bilingual level Spanish. I have worked as an interpreter for conferences at La Rural in BA. Send me a PM if you are still looking for someone!

--------------
tinto ,

If it´s the same when i did it a year ago you go to the Colegio de Traductores Publicos on Corrientes 1834 and ask for the English language translators "binder" and there is a huge excel speadsheet of all the licensed people in Capital Federal. Just find 5 or 6 numbers that are close to your house and call them and ask for rates. I can´t remember how much it cost me to do it last year (passport, birth certificate + apostille).... I would say 100-150 pesos is about right. I think taking it to a law firm would be more expensive because in the "binder" method you generally just go to the persons house.

Remember after the official translation you need to go back to the Colegio Traductores on Corrientes and get the documents legalized. That is fairly quick and easily, I think they do it while you wait or you can leave it behind (it takes forever) and it´s cheaper.

Suerte!!!

Back