"trapito" Knocks Customer In One Blow

The City has not been able to pass a law prohibiting these practice the K's claimed that other work should be offered to the trapitos :rolleyes:

I paid a trapito $30 pesos to watch my taxi after parking it. He stole one of the hubcaps off of it and it was an imported part and I couldn't get it replaced. The factor of the matter is, the trapitos are crooks. If the government prohibits them from blackmailing people into money after parking their car, they'll start robbing people in a more direct, hands-on fashion.

I face the problem when i arrive at Aeroparque..they always ask for money when you sit in the taxi..been witnessing it for years..yet the govt did not do anything about it.

Do you mean that they open you the door for you and want to get paid? That is what happened to me at Lisandro de la Torre railway station. We were in a taxi (from Aeroparque) to catch the train back home. It was raining cats and dogs and this guy ran toward our taxi, opened our door and asked for money. Soaked in the rain, my husband gave him 2 or 4 pesos. I think it was so little we would be beaten up (with a bag you can't exactly run away from them).

I refuse to pay them until after I return to my car. And I won't pay unless it's the same guy who was there when I arrived and he's waiting by the car. (Yes, if you are all the way down the street, you're not watching my car so don't expect money).

I saw a trapito hit a guy over the head with a board years ago in Las Canitas after the guy presumably refused to pay.

Do you mean that they open you the door for you and want to get paid?

Yes.

And - They forcibly try to put your luggage in the trunk space. They also try to show that its cos of them the taxi stopped..though the taxi is supposed to stop there anyway. And they try to show as if they are woking there for the airport authority.

This trapito may have some music to face.

http://www.minutouno.com/notas/1466602-detuvieron-al-trapito-que-noqueo-un-joven-san-martin

Yes.

And - They forcibly try to put your luggage in the trunk space. They also try to show that its cos of them the taxi stopped..though the taxi is supposed to stop there anyway. And they try to show as if they are woking there for the airport authority.

Why don't tel the taxi driver that you are not getting off unless the guy let you be? Part of the strategy "let make this also their problem"...

Why don't tel the taxi driver that you are not getting off unless the guy let you be? Part of the strategy "let make this also their problem"...

It is at the time of getting in - not "getting out". There is a queue ( after arrival at AEP) and people awaiting taxi in the queue. to go home.. but these guys act as if they are hailing the cab for you on behalf of the airport and then etc etc as mentioned above.

Oh okay, it happened to me when getting off, but not at the airport. For a second I thought I was being set up by the taxi driver.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gringoboy Expat Life 0
D.B. Cooper Expat Life 39
Dublin2BuenosAires Expat Life 52
Back