Travel Redress Inquiry Program For Usa

jbeas176

Registered
just wanted to help people who think you have no options when traveling to the usa on a visa and have been unfairly question and detained. there is a program in place called "travel redress inquiry program". you apply to homeland security to review your visa situation. homeland will review your entry and exits and assign you a number to be used with the immigration office upon entry and relieves that person of any decision regarding you standing with immigration. you pass through because someone in a higher position has green lighted your visa. it came up 2 years ago with my colombian girlfriend. she spent 6 months and 1 day in the usa in 2014, not continuous, because a scheduling problem with the airlines. they held her in immigration and questioned her making her miss her connection. i hired an attorney for 300.00 and submitted a request for review. the attorney stated you can not lose your visa on multible visits that add up to more than 6 months. you can only lose it on a continuous stay the first day past 6 months. it becomes invalid at that point. the higher ups agreed. the attorney said immigration makes its own rules at the gate. it is unwise to pass through immigration on the weekends because you have the B team with power to turn you around. with her number in hand she has had no further problems. hope this helps. maybe the argentine artist got the B team.

That's very interesting! How much does it cost?
We've been thinking about taking a trip to the US, but I still have my green card and am now married to someone who doesn't. This is usually a flag for immigration.
I am also concerned about myself, as my re-entry permit has expired, but I have always filed (and paid) taxes.

serfina,,, i paid the attorney 300.00 for her to submit the application. i think you can do it without an attorney, i made a list of her entries and exists for the first 5 year visa. she was the granted a ten year visa. 2 years into the second visa the perceived overstay was flagged by the immigration person. they put her in a room and molested her for 6 hours saying she needed to marry me and she cannot stay over 60 days at a time. she explained marrying me would create other problems with residency and paying taxes. if she had residency in the US, she would have to spend more time in the US than her home country colombia. she has family obligations to her parents and her daughter attending school. in short, you could do it on your own if you know the program exists. i ended paying for a second visit and another 300.00 more of a cum baja than anything. her name is Joanne Trifilo Stark, 5333 north 7th street, suite c225, phoenix arizona 85014. you can google it. she is bilingual. heck, bajo zero could probably file the papers. it just takes any decision making out of the hands of the officers at the point of entry. the bigs up above have made the decision for them. good luck

its all about the visa. if you have a valid visa and have not abused it or citizenship, smooth sailing. the rest is out of my league.

just wanted to help people who think you have no options when traveling to the usa on a visa and have been unfairly question and detained. there is a program in place called "travel redress inquiry program". you apply to homeland security to review your visa situation. homeland will review your entry and exits and assign you a number to be used with the immigration office upon entry and relieves that person of any decision regarding you standing with immigration. you pass through because someone in a higher position has green lighted your visa. it came up 2 years ago with my colombian girlfriend. she spent 6 months and 1 day in the usa in 2014, not continuous, because a scheduling problem with the airlines. they held her in immigration and questioned her making her miss her connection. i hired an attorney for 300.00 and submitted a request for review. the attorney stated you can not lose your visa on multible visits that add up to more than 6 months. you can only lose it on a continuous stay the first day past 6 months. it becomes invalid at that point. the higher ups agreed. the attorney said immigration makes its own rules at the gate. it is unwise to pass through immigration on the weekends because you have the B team with power to turn you around. with her number in hand she has had no further problems. hope this helps. maybe the argentine artist got the B team.
Do you know if this is only for immmigrant / non immigrant visas or any type of visa ( tourist, etc )

According to all conversations I had with Colombians (visitors or residents in the USA), they usually seem to get a "special treatment" by USA customs and immigration authorities when entering the USA

According to all conversations I had with Colombians (visitors or residents in the USA), they usually seem to get a "special treatment" by USA customs and immigration authorities when entering the USA
You mean that they get free chocolates and drinks ? ;)

nikad: hers was a tourist visa. it is my belief the system is in place for any problems with visa's created at point of entry that may not be interpreted correctly and falsely applied. harassment is not exceptable but can and does happen on the lower levels. your basically stating you case to a higher authority in homeland security, so the problem will stop. silvie don't kid yourself. colombians are treated no differently and in most cases suspected of being drug dealers as when i visit colombia they think i am bringing money back. just my experience.

Silly, this has nothing to do with visas. it is only for suspected terrorists trying to get off no-fly list.

Back