Traveler Cheques

tangobob

Registered
OK, I don't use them, but I was asked today where they can be cashed and was at a loss to answer.
Does anyone know, or has anyone used them here.
I know that big hotels will cash them but anywhere other than this, just in case I am asked again.

tangobob said:
OK, I don't use them, but I was asked today where they can be cashed and was at a loss to answer.
Does anyone know, or has anyone used them here.
I know that big hotels will cash them but anywhere other than this, just in case I am asked again.

American Express checks can be cashed at the AXP office on Plaza San Martin. I have not cashed checks there in quite some time but they did not used to charge for cashing their own checks.

Several banks ( HSBC, Supervielle and others ) will cash them too as well as Casas de Cambio

HenryNisental said:
Try Casa Piano in San Martin St, they are very good at this.

Yes thanks that is what I advised, but was not sure if it was correct never having used them myself, glad to know I was right.

I changed a travellers cheque in January this year. I checked a couple of Casas de Cambio on Calle Florida (bad rates and a 5 USD service charge, if i remember correctly) and then walked down to Plaza San Martin and got it cashed at the Am Ex for a good exchange rate and no other charges.
One thing though - they checked my passport thoroughly, looking for the last entry / exit stamps. They said that it was because if my 90 days would have expired, they wouldn't have cashed it.

Does anyone know if Cashier's Cheques from Canada (issued in USD) would be able to be cashed here?

My boss is trying to find out a way to pay one of our designer's without losing so much on fees and commissions along the way (to complicate matters, the designer lives in Rio Cuarto, so with the services like Western Union he's losing a lot of money on each cheque).

Back