Traveling to BA

The arts scene in general is far better than Madrid, and its a much more interesting and exciting city than Barcelona is these days, in my opinion.

Wow really? I thought Madrid was extremely full of artyness, talking about both the people and museums.
Seems like the people are a bit more.. how can I put it... extreme, passionate, in different ways, in BA.. So there's that I guess.

its a much more interesting and exciting city than Barcelona is these days, in my opinion.

Surprised at that as well-- even when you consider Barcelona is on the sea with great beaches, isn't so flat like BA, and has more culture diversity? I think it has more cultural diversity, anyways-- there's a lot of immigrants from nearby places there as well as all the travelers it gets. And it just seems more energetic than BA. Maybe I'm missing something huge?

I personally think Madrid is ahead of Buenos Aires in most things. However Madrid comes a poor second in the bragging rights department of places visited.

Obviously, what city you like is subjective, and extremely personal.
But It is true that there are over 500 small theaters in BA, that there are dozens of dance troups, that there is one of the biggest film festivals in the world- (I have a friend who routinely sees 150 or more films every year at BACFI). There are dozens and dozens of small clubs and theaters with live music, every weekend. There are a huge amount of musuems- maybe none have the collection of old masters that the Prado does, but I see shows of artists from all over the world at Proa, Macba, Mamba, Belles Artes, and the various CC's- the Kirchner alone is world class, but several others have consistent good programming. There are an enormous amount of visual artists, filmmakers, craftspeople, and poets in BA.

I have been to Madrid, and, I wasnt impressed- there are a couple of good art galleries, a few good museums, and sure, there are clubs and cinemas- but its nothing like BA.

They have the Bafici film festival here every year. This year with the virus going on who knows what’s going to happen.

Back