Travelling In Argentina With Expired Visa?

Traveling on a "expired tourist visa" is something different from traveling on a "overstayed entry permit".

tourist visa = what is granted by the embassy of Argentina in your home country with probably a sticker or big stamp covering the whole page of your passport having a validity date ( tourist visa always a has a validity period). Usually people from countries like Congo, Somalia, Sierre Leonne,Nigeria etc need it. For sake of this discussion, lets call them countries with "Tier 4" passport

entry permit= what people get on their American or European or Australian passport at time of entering Argentina at the Argentine airport or border entry point. For sake of this discussion, lets call them countries with Tier 1 passport.

Now a person traveling with a Tier 1 passport overstaying and abusing the immigration laws is treated differently and probably let go with some harsh words and a fine.

However a person traveling with a Tier 4 passport and abusing the tourist visa, overstaying on it without a permit to overstay from migraciones may get arrested, get deported and may find himself jailed with refugees and criminals.

So best way? Not to overstay a tourist visa and leave the country before its validity. If you plan to overstay and abuse the tourist visa, better to meet a citizenship lawyer and never try to cross the border entry point till you become a citizen. And if you indeed plan doing this (the contrary), come armed with your apostilled Police clearance certificate and date of birth certificate.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks so much for your answer! Yes my mistake it is an overstayed entry permit. I am going to be travelling within Argentina to the South from Jorge Newberry. So you think i might just get a fine and a telling off? Thanks for getting back to me!

Earlier this year I traveled from Bsas to Bariloche at Newberry on an expired tourist visa and had no issues. We actually checked in online, and carried on our bags, so we didnt even have to deal with anyone at the airport who might have checked our passports as it was a domestic flight. Of course if you fly internationally they will check your passport.

Earlier this year I traveled from Bsas to Bariloche at Newberry on an expired tourist visa and had no issues. We actually checked in online, and carried on our bags, so we didnt even have to deal with anyone at the airport who might have checked our passports as it was a domestic flight. Of course if you fly internationally they will check your passport.

oo LOVELY! Thanks

Back