trip to paraguay or bolivia

ntrombles

Registered
It's that time again that lots of us on this board know too well.... time is running out on my tourist visa and once again I need to plan a trip across the border. Having recently relocated to a small town outside of Cordoba, I am entertaining the idea of heading to Paraguay or Bolivia. Friends of mine have told me a little bit about their experiences in Bolivia, but I have not heard much about Paraguay. Does anyone have information regarding accessibility or tips on places to go. I am looking to go somewhat off the beaten path. Thanks in advance for any information.

If you have read my other posts on Paraguay you already know I'm going to promote Santa Maria de Fé in Paraguayan Misiónes and you'll know the reason why. It's a very small town, one of the Reducciones and with an excellent museum and lots more to see and do in the locality. The one and only hotel is run by a village cooperative and the staff have all been trained by the local terciary education project and all speak English. The hotel acts as a kind of tourist information centre and will arrange trips, tours etc. What's more, if the hotel itself is too expensive for you (it's not expensive) or you fancy the idea of staying somewhere different, the hotel will arrange a homestay for you with one of the village families. If any of this interests you, send me a PM, let me know how and where you plan to cross the border and I'll send you phone numbers, bus times and the like.

Back