tripping to montevideo

mrporoto

Registered
Whats the best way to go and cheapest for a couple or three days.Was thinking
of going this Thursday coming back Saturday,if not when the weather will be better in couple of weeks or so.

If you mean Montevideo, suggest an all inclusive package (hotel, transfers) from Seacat. For some reason when you buy Seacat tickets, you end travelling in Buquebus, that is, larger, safer, more reliable and has duty-free shop in Arg$....!!

Package payable in cash Arg$....!!

Rich One said:
If you mean Montevideo, suggest an all inclusive package (hotel, transfers) from Seacat. For some reason when you buy Seacat tickets, you end travelling in Buquebus, that is, larger, safer, more reliable and has duty-free shop in Arg$....!!

Package payable in cash Arg$....!!

not always seacat also have a small faster boat like colonia express.

both companies do deals for the boat over to colonia and then a bus to montevideo.

Not sure where you are getting safer and more reliable from, i've had no problems with either the seacat boat or colonia express and both are much faster than the huge buquebus boats with arcade games from the 80s and god awful singers.

Thanks for the replies,I am going to visit someone so the accommodation is sorted.The town is near Piriapolis,i think,so maybe its best to go Colonia then by bus?Is it best to book
on the net or go to the port,is it cheaper to book ida y vuelte or does it cost them same.
cheers folks.

mrporoto said:
Thanks for the replies,I am going to visit someone so the accommodation is sorted.The town is near Piriapolis,i think,so maybe its best to go Colonia then by bus?Is it best to book
on the net or go to the port,is it cheaper to book ida y vuelte or does it cost them same.
cheers folks.

I doubt there are buses direct from Colonia to Piriapolis so your best bet is to get a ticket to Montevideo and then use one of the regular services to the town.

There is a huge bus station in Montevideo called tres cruses and this is where the ferry service buses drop you off.

Not sure about pre-booking but i doubt there is much difference. They have multiple bus companies and regular services to these places so you'll have no problems getting there.

scotttswan said:
not always seacat also have a small faster boat like colonia express.

both companies do deals for the boat over to colonia and then a bus to montevideo.

Not sure where you are getting safer and more reliable from, i've had no problems with either the seacat boat or colonia express and both are much faster than the huge buquebus boats with arcade games from the 80s and god awful singers.:)[/quote]

Scottswan- Think you are confused :confused:, you are refering to the Buquebus Slow boat Eladia Isabel, I only use Buquebus, El Rapido, that takes one hour to cross over to Colonia. Never seen Arcade Games or SINGERS...:confused:

Buquebus is safer when there are Strong Winds and Waves, don't want to be on the Seacat....:( When buquebus has mechanical problems whith one vessel has other vessels ready, more reliable.

mrporoto said:
cheers folks.

Suggest you go to Seacat offices in Cordoba Ave, buy RT tickets to Montevideo and pay cash in pesos Argentinos :)

Back