Trouble Receiving Calls On Skype

kellrobinson

Registered
Yesterday I tried to take a business call from the States via skype. I was sitting there waiting, with the skype app open. The tablet didn't ring. The call went straight to voicemail. I'm trying to get help from Skype, but you know how that goes.
If someone is willing to help troubleshoot this by exchanging skype calls with me, I'd really appreciate it.

Ha ha the same happens to me. One time it works, another it doesn't. How much bandwidth do you have?

Do you have Skype downloaded on several devices.?

I quite often have Skype calls com through on my cell phone which may be in a separate room when I am on the computer

Not really sure if there is a solution

The app is pretty stable at this stage, I would say your issue might be coverage or bandwidth related.

Maybe install viber as well ?

Bandwidth could have been the problem, I suppose.
I don't want this to happen again on such an important call, so I'm going to have to find a way to do a test.

Good news, the call came through. I didn't use wifi this time, I was connected to the movistar network instead. (I have tmobile with free international data roaming on my Nexus 7.)

it could be connection issues from either you or the caller, or what John said. Sometimes I'm logged both on phone and PC, and it rings just in one of the devices.

Back