trying to get an AFIP #, need help!

lela

Registered
hello, i am in the process of buying a car and got in contact with an "broker" to help me get thought the quick process ... i got asked to pay 800 peso for that .

as i am on a tourist visa (90 days) i just got informed now that i need to get a CDI first and than can get an AFIP#...

anyone done that before and anyone there who would be willing to help me with but for a smaller fee ?

pls write to [email protected]

thank you all so much, lela

Don't forget to take a photocopies of your passport

Yes, I did this. You will need proof of your domicile, i.e. bills in your name as well as copies of passport etc. If you don't have bills, you can ask the police to pop round and verify where you live and provide a certificate (this was very cheap, i had to do it). Then just a case of getting the right AFIP office and trundling down there. The CDI is your tax number and is all you need to provide the car dealership with.

My taxi driver actually dealt with most of this for me, including securing the car at a better price, buying all the extras cheaply etc. and it was a pretty painless process. If you need any help I'm sure he would oblige for less than 800 pesos. He's a great bloke who I have known for years.

I believe the Certificate of Domicilio is mandatory for the CDI number. You go to the police station and fill out the form and pay - it was 10 pesos, may be more now. Usually within 24 hours, they come to your place and verify your address. Either you need to be there or if there is a doorman, they can verify for you. The police will leave the approved form for you.

Then go to the AFIP office for your area (ojo - it *may* not be the closest one physically, check before you go). Take the certificate, your passport, copy of your passport and a bill and or rental contract. They will issue it right then although you may have to wait awhile to see someone (there is usually a long line at the AFIP offices).

Good luck!

Back