Trying to track down information about an artist

citygirl

Registered
I bought a painting by an Argentine artist about a year ago. The painting is signed by the artist - the front has E.G. Nouzeilles but on the back, there is a sticker that says Maria Elvira Nouzeilles.

I would be interesting in finding out more about the artist and potentially purchasing some more work. The only info I know is that she is Argentine and from La Plata.

Anyone have any ideas on how I might go about finding out more information? Google hasn't given me a whole lot of info.

This is the painting

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1706712&l=6fe2250e4a&id=751717927

Attachments

• 4208_78773457927_751717927_1706712_363355_n.jpg
    4208_78773457927_751717927_1706712_363355_n.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 8
Hi
There is an exposition on La Plata until 8/24 here is the info

LUGAR: MUSEO DE ARTE BEATO ANGÉLICO
subcategorias_divisor.gif
LA PLATA</SPAN>Dirección: Calle 46 entre Calle 16 y Diagonal 73
Teléfono: +54 (0)221 424 8906 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +54 (0)221 424 8906 end_of_the_skype_highlightingLUGAR: MUSEO DE ARTE BEATO ANGÉLICO
Teléfono: +54 (0)221 424 8906 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +54 (0)221 424 8906 end_of_the_skype_highlightingLUGAR: MUSEO DE ARTE BEATO ANGÉLICO
Teléfono: +54 (0)221 424 8906 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +54 (0)221 424 8906 end_of_the_skype_highlightingMuseo de Arte Beato Angelico de la Plata
Dirección: Calle 46 entre Calle 16 y Diagonal 73
Teléfono: +54 (0)221 424 8906
I found this info in internet

good luck
Reina

Thank you Reina - wonder if its worth it to drive there. In this day and age, how can an artist not have a website?!

And French Jurist, while I would love it if she becomes more well-know;), I bought the painting out of love. It was not inexpensive however which surprised me. The gallery I bought it at had several of her paintings and they all sold quite quickly. I will go back to the gallery as well although I much prefer to deal directly with an artist when possible.

And while I'm at it - French Jurist - can you give me some advice on Stephen Koek Koek? (sorry if I'm picking your brains!) I saw a painting by him that I loved, didn't buy it and am now regretting it. However, it was quite expensive. Does his art tend to hold value? And does it come up for sale frequently?

citygirl said:
Thank you Reina - wonder if its worth it to drive there. In this day and age, how can an artist not have a website?!

And French Jurist, while I would love it if she becomes more well-know;), I bought the painting out of love. It was not inexpensive however which surprised me. The gallery I bought it at had several of her paintings and they all sold quite quickly. I will go back to the gallery as well although I much prefer to deal directly with an artist when possible.

And while I'm at it - French Jurist - can you give me some advice on Stephen Koek Koek? (sorry if I'm picking your brains!) I saw a painting by him that I loved, didn't buy it and am now regretting it. However, it was quite expensive. Does his art tend to hold value? And does it come up for sale frequently?

Yes Koek Koek sells for decent amounts of money, I never got interested that much in his art since I am not fond of it.
In local auctions, his paintings appear quite often.
As for authenticity (some artists tend to be more faked than others), I'd say you should take a minimum of precautions.

French jurist said:
The most useful database I know is the one from Fundacion Espigas : http://espigas.org.ar/cgi-bin.espigas/busqueda.pl?idioma=sp
But a search returned nothing.

Maria Elvira Nouzeilles is in fact Maria Elvira Gianni Nouzeilles so it's no wonder it's signed EG.

Here it shows she was not long ago a student
http://www.educ.ar/educar/site/lm/1...24-b433-4e3c-8896-4df4d6d6836c/infografia.pdf

So, I guess she is not very much known.... yet ?!
That's funny that you said that . I was just about to post something like.......her work looks to be amature and student like. It does and she is.

citygirl said:

Buying good art in Argentina is fun and rewarding if you like the works. Getting the art out, when you move is HELL times 5. Or worse!

I did indeed buy it from a gallery and I love it.

Student-like and amateur? Well, she was student 10 years ago according the the pdf french jurist so kindly posted, so no, not a student when she painted it. She is however young.

That's the fun of art - I love it and consider it worth every penny I spent on it (but I'm a huge fan of surrealism). Others may hate it or consider it amateurish. To each his/her own, that's the joy of it!

citygirl said:

Hi Citygirl
I always find everything in google at least some information if you can get in touch with these people before going to La Plata to see if there will be another expositions in Capital Federal, I went to La Plata several years ago it has a very nice Cathedral and is so clean that is not a bad iea going there and on the highway is really quick.
take care
Reina

Back