Turkey and other thanksgiving treats...

RobRed

Registered
Hola all! This will be my first holiday away from the U.S. and I was hoping to have a typical thanksgiving dinner. Does anybody know where I can find a turkey in Buenos Aires? I've tried Jumbo and Disco and so far no luck. I was lucky enough to find cranberry sauce and pecans for the pie, but I am still missing yams and marshmallows. Any info on the above mentioned would be greatly appreciated!
BTW: I apologize if this has been asked before, I just found this website and haven't had a chance to read all the past postings!
Thanks!

"RobRed" said:
Hola all! This will be my first holiday away from the U.S. and I was hoping to have a typical thanksgiving dinner. Does anybody know where I can find a turkey in Buenos Aires? I've tried Jumbo and Disco and so far no luck. I was lucky enough to find cranberry sauce and pecans for the pie, but I am still missing yams and marshmallows. Any info on the above mentioned would be greatly appreciated!
BTW: I apologize if this has been asked before, I just found this website and haven't had a chance to read all the past postings!
Thanks!
Any poultry store ¨polleria¨has turkeys, there is one on Las Heras and Laprida that has these awesome 16 pound turkeys at 8,50 pesos per kg. I saw turkey yesterday at Coto online, and Disco has both the whole turkey or just the turkey breast. For Marshmallow try the chinses neighbourhood in Belgrano, cranberries at arandanoargentino.com. V

Thanks all for your replies. hshanks, I found the pecans at the Jumbo in Palermo, and saw them at Disco too. They say Nuez Pecan on the label. Finally found a turkey at a Jumbo in Almagro. Happy Thanksgiving to y'all

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wryter47 Expat Life 1
TomAtAlki Expat Life 13
N Expat Life 1
M Food and Drink 17
scotttswan Culture 0
Back