Turkey!!

Turkey here is in abundance, I guess I will have to do without yams this year....unless someone knows where i could find some

ferka07 said:
Turkey here is in abundance, I guess I will have to do without yams this year....unless someone knows where i could find some

No. You could try the market on Cuidad de la Paz and Juramento. There is a stall there that sells a gazillion different type of potato and root veg. (Ok, maybe not a gazillion, but a lot. ;))

But sweet potatoes are a perfect substitute, well, as long as you don't put marshmallows on them..... :eek:

I would be curious to know what people are paying for turkeys this year. Last year I ordered from Avicar and it was around 80 pesos for a 6 or so kilo bird. This year I ordered from a butcher in Belgrano who was recommended on this site (fresh and 100% natural) and it will be $29.80 per kilo. That's much more than I paid last year, but I am assuming this is due to inflation/higher quality. However I have no idea what the going rate for a turkey is.

The frozen Turkeys at Jumbo and Disco are about 100 pesos each for aprox 4.5 kilos, if anyone finds a good rotisserie place that will order and cook it please repost the info!!

Hi there,
I saw free-range turkeys in a farm/camp site in Tandil and I know they selling for x-mas, I'll send by PM contact number if anyone are interested

Pumor said:
Hi there,
I saw free-range turkeys in a farm/camp site in Tandil and I know they selling for x-mas, I'll send by PM contact number if anyone are interested
Publish the number here for everyone to access and then search again for future birds

cruizes said:
I saw frozen turkeys at Disco on Rodriguez Peña.
Read the label on the frozen birds from Jumbo and Disco etc. They are salt cured. If you like salty turkey then go for it.

Hope not to offend anyone by saying this, but the Sadia brand frozen turkey that is on sale at Jumbo year-round is saline and flavor -injected (as someone before mentioned), which alters both the turkey's flavor and texture. Last year I made the horrible mistake of brining said turkey...

I highly recommend purchasing your bird from one of the other suggested sources!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wryter47 Expat Life 1
TomAtAlki Expat Life 13
N Expat Life 1
M Food and Drink 17
scotttswan Culture 0
Back