Two small rants. Milk and shoes.

LaurenW

Registered
1) what is up with the UGLY platform neon birkenstock-type shoes that hit the street this week in BA? I see these hideous sandals at least 15 times per block. Also don't get me started on the camel-toe exercise shoes.

2) Whyyy is the milk so gross in Argentina? I just want to smell a glass of milk and not gag. Helppppp.

The second point I really would like some advice on, the first is just insensitive, apologies to anyone who likes these shoes.

what milk are you buying?

Are you buying the 1lt packets in the chiller? If not, thats what you should be buying. Also, make sure you try the different brands. I think San Cor tastes revolting, Serenissima is much nicer.

I buy Serenissima (sp?) in the box. I guess I will try the bags though that never made much sense to me to put milk in a bag! Thanks

Milk in a bag has a shorter shelf life than the box so is probably fresher/fewer preservatives etc. It's also about 20% cheaper. You can buy a plastic jug to put the bag in once its open for about AR$10 at the supermarket.

I'm a Serenisima fan myself.

That same fella was involved years earlier as a goverment misnister that sold dpoild milk to goverment programs to feed the poor. He again came to lite a couple of years ago with the counterfeit and adulterated medicine mafia

I've found that milk and water taste slightly different depending on where you are. :p Usually I put something in it so I don't taste it much (chocolate, coffee, etc.) You get used to it. :D

Thank you for mentioning those shoes! hahaha I have been trying to snag a picture with my phone all week but am never quick enough. It really is the new camel toe sneaker, I am not a fan. Shallow as it may be

The milk I've gotten used to, I'm ok with the serenisima in a bag

LOL! I HATE those shoes, actually I'm sick of the whole platform thing here in general, it's just gotten to the point of being ridiculous and I'm sick of seeing women who are barely 5 feet tall wearing 6 inch platforms (plue a heel) -- and then clomping around in them because it's impossible to walk. Those birks with platforms are hideous and yet most of the women i've seen wering them seem to think they look particularly stylish -- not at all!

Milk and water do taste different everywhere. Milk taste depends on the grass / feed the cows, the environment they are raised in etc, and the water as well. Milk in different provinces can taste different even, it depends on where it's made. Most people tend to like the milk from where they grew up -- probably a little bit of nostalgia involved in that).

syngirl said:
Milk and water do taste different everywhere. Milk taste depends on the grass / feed the cows, the environment they are raised in etc, and the water as well. Milk in different provinces can taste different even, it depends on where it's made. Most people tend to like the milk from where they grew up -- probably a little bit of nostalgia involved in that).

Agreed, when I was in Ushuaia, I couldn't get enough of the milk down there! No idea why, but for some reason it was quite delicious with a couple of pepa cookies! :D

Although the milk in Buenos Aires didn't agree with me a few times... usually in coffee it was fine, but I could never take it straight. :(

Back