Type I receptacle (or type C)

Does this mean that an Australian adapter won't work?
It does work, I use them, just be careful as sometimes my outlets will arc while plugging in. To combat this you can do the following:

- Phone or tablet: plug the charger in first to the wall then the cable then connect the USB/lightening cable to your device
- Device with a cable that connects to a "brick" plug the cable in first to the wall then connect it to the brick and then to the device
- Device with direct connection: keep the device turned off or power off before connecting, i.e. turn the floor lamp off then plug it in to the wall then turn it on

Hope this helps!

First you need to check your electronics and appliances, reading the fine print, to make sure they work on both 120 and 240 volts. Most modern things do, but some oddball stuff like Ninja blenders or certain sewing machines or printers will not.
If it needs 120volts, you need to buy a transformer to step 240 down to 120.
But for things that can run on either voltage, the easiest thing to do is just buy a plug strip when you get here that takes all the kinds of plugs- the old and new argentine, and the north american. They look like this. https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.a...4YTFhM2ItNjQ0Yy00YTg4LWExMzEtNTExODZhYjdiZjU4

Back