Typical Rental Rates in Buenos Aires' Neighborhood

My PM expenses are about 30 peso a square meter, or around 8 dollar a square meter. Unless you have a private elevator, I think it can be taken as reference, atleast for PM

Thank you to the property owners for posting real numbers. I constantly read pepole griping how expensive short-term rentals are and most people have NO idea how expensive it is to have a property here. And you guys haven't even factored in the expense of furnishing the apt in the first place. Every time I have to buy something, I get sticker shock.

citygirl said:
Thank you to the property owners for posting real numbers. I constantly read pepole griping how expensive short-term rentals are and most people have NO idea how expensive it is to have a property here. And you guys haven't even factored in the expense of furnishing the apt in the first place. Every time I have to buy something, I get sticker shock.

De nada. you make a GREAT point about just how expensive it is to furnish a property here correctly. Most locals don't spend much on their flats and lots of junky apartments out there. Many with no AC but most of us expats put ACs in each room, go high end on furniture, put in LCD TVs, etc. All which are very expensive. You can easily spend $25,000 US to $30,000 furnishing a 1 bedroom property! Things here are much more expensive than the USA. Electronics are crazy expensive.

Not to mention the fact that properties here are all cash with no mortgages. Very surreal to spend a quarter of a million dollars in CASH on a 2 bedroom apartment between buying and furnishing it. Most people don't understand all the dynamics of just how expensive it is. And forget the part about it not being leveraged/financed which is a big deal.

TheBlackHand said:
These prices are only applicable with a two year contract and a guarantee and don't include monthly building expenses, monthly ABL, monthly utilities, furniture, household appliances, cleaning and laundry expenses and in most cases apartment fixtures. I don't think the prices are different only because someone is " an expat with a passport ".

I'd wager they don't include the 2 months fees paid to the estate agent either nor the increased ABL which as all know, retroactively increased between 80-120%.

Back