UBA Odontology guardia visit...

Neil

Registered
Anyone needing dental work , this is a very economical option. I had the chance to visit the Guardia last night @9:00 pm for a consultation. They are open 24 hrs 7x 365 days of the year! Cost was $60..pesos ! They are bilingual at the reception, you show a dni/passport ,give local address and pay! I waited about 30 minutes and the dentist called my name, the facilities are very modern, clean! A quick check and I was given my plan for further visits. They offer regular dental procedures, as well as implants,dental prosthesis (crowns,dentures,bridges etc..)at a very economical cost.

24hr dentists... nothing i'd rather do than get a tooth pulled at 3am!

thanks Neil for the info on Ortonologica Hospital. I was eating a salad, broke a tooth on a stone in the salad tonight! Read your post and went to the Hospital. 60 Pesos to see doctor. Waited about a half hour. Now for the bad part, they do not take credit cards. Nobody spoke English. Doctor injected pain meds into gums, removed half of my tooth. No stitches, No Antiseptic, no antibiotics, no pain meds. Was told finished, no need to come back. Open sore in my mouth and much pain. I walked to a pharmacy, got Amoxicilin, peroxide, and a pain killer called ketorolac. The Amoxicilin, and I am pretty sure the Ketorolac, would require a prescription in other countries. But thankfully was able to get them. Would not recommend this place except for an emergency. If anyone knows a dentist who speaks English, I would appreciate the reference. Thanks.

thanks Neil for the info on Ortonologica Hospital. I was eating a salad, broke a tooth on a stone in the salad tonight! Read your post and went to the Hospital. 60 Pesos to see doctor. Waited about a half hour. Now for the bad part, they do not take credit cards. Nobody spoke English. Doctor injected pain meds into gums, removed half of my tooth. No stitches, No Antiseptic, no antibiotics, no pain meds. Was told finished, no need to come back. Open sore in my mouth and much pain. I walked to a pharmacy, got Amoxicilin, peroxide, and a pain killer called ketorolac. The Amoxicilin, and I am pretty sure the Ketorolac, would require a prescription in other countries. But thankfully was able to get them. Would not recommend this place except for an emergency. If anyone knows a dentist who speaks English, I would appreciate the reference. Thanks.
'
Very disturbing report.

It is exactly that emergency, Spanish spoken, English optional...like most things here, vastly different to what foreigners are used to. There are plenty of private bilingual dentist's mentioned here, one that comes to mind is Dr. Pelcman & son.

It is exactly that emergency, Spanish spoken, English optional...like most things here, vastly different to what foreigners are used to. There are plenty of private bilingual dentist's mentioned here, one that comes to mind is Dr. Pelcman & son.
Thank you very much. I will contact Dr. Pelcman

Back