Uba

sharkbait08 said:
I contacted the consulate in the united states, who then directed me to migraciones. Who then directed me to their website, which told me how to apply for a student visa. I do not understand. The law states i must request a vacancy to study in a public university but there seems to be no where to request a vacancy from. So, one last plea, has any non mercosur foreigner enrolled in uba? and if so, can you please tell me how to begin the process? i know how to get a student visa as i have been studying in a private university but what i dont know, is how to enroll in a public university.

I imagine that means you enroll first, then apply for your visa. There are some programs that are difficult to get in with limited vacancies while others are wide open.

I wrote a message to somebody that asked for help on this a while ago. You must have some legal status to enroll into university ( ie. not a tourist visa, or expired visas )

The subject is somewhat complex: There are countries that Argentina has agreements with for studies validation ( http://www.me.gov.ar/validez/medio_enext.html ) if you are from any country that is not on this list then you have to go through a different procedure ( http://www.me.gov.ar/validez/conv_ns1.html ) that includes translation ( public ) and legalization ( or Apostille ). All of this is for High School studies. This can take about 2 months to be ready, then you should be good to enroll into UBA.

For University studies some countries have agreements ( Ecuador, Colombia, etc) and others don´t. If there is no agreement you must present your diploma and analytics, as well as each program for the classes you took to UBA Direccion de Titulos y Planes. You might need to take some exams.

Some private universities accept your university degree only if you are to take post graduate education.

I am no expert on the subject but for any detailed information you have to call or go to oficina 4 de planta baja, Uriburu 950 you must first call 4508-3629 to get information. The costs are here: http://www.uba.ar/academicos/contenidos.php?idm=119

Hope it helps!

nikad said:
I wrote a message to somebody that asked for help on this a while ago. You must have some legal status to enroll into university ( ie. not a tourist visa, or expired visas )

I guess this is the catch 22 the poster is coming up against.... no enrollment without visa, no visa without enrollment. That's a shame.

I know that in some other countries, you get accepted to the university, then you can apply for your visa.

mini said:
I guess this is the catch 22 the poster is coming up against.... no enrollment without visa, no visa without enrollment. That's a shame.

I know that in some other countries, you get accepted to the university, then you can apply for your visa.
I believe the OP said he had a student visa as he had been studying at a private university, so that should cover the legal status part, the enrollment process for extra Mercosur students doesn´t look very easy, yet not impossible. He should try to go to Uriburu 950 ( preferably with a friend with good Spanish ) to figure out exactly how this works.

sorry, I know this is an old thread...I heard there is a way to get the validation tests done after enrolling, is this possible? as long as you graduate with them complete and validated.

Back