Uber Is Live In Ba

.At 5,30 P.M. at Florida and Av.de Mayo about 4 cabs were blocking the busses from proceeding right in rush hour

Congreso around 7pm (my phone camera is bad, sorry).

Attachments

• taxies.jpg
    taxies.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 33
Not a fan of uber and I doubt they'll last once the VC money is gone

I just checked on my phone, and it is indeed live.

http://www.infobae.c...00-buenos-aires

I did a quick check on their estimated prices, and they appear to be 60-70% of the normal taxi prices. For example, from Alto Palermo to Ezeiza Airport it estimates $219 - $277 pesos.
Fantastic!
I just hope the Uber driver will not rape me like the one just happened in a different country :)
But I will take a chance, I have been raped by BsAs taxi union for years anyway, figuratively.

Uber and other similar companies destroyed the fee structure between the taxi companies and taxi drivers.
Greatly improved the service that people/customers receive, with less cost. It's a great thing!

The only loser coming out of this is the taxi company, who does not want to do any work but exploit the drivers and passengers.

In Asia, quite often you get a big new Mercedes shows up and picks you up.You pay 70% of taxi fee for a limo. I bet UBER cars in Argentina are all small cars.

Not a fan of uber and I doubt they'll last once the VC money is gone
In China, there are several VC backed companies, and UBER, UBER has the lowest cost.
So far these companies are doing great and make profit. And taxi drivers stopped complaining, they become
the drivers for the VC backed limos, similar to UBER, but the cars are owned by companies, not by individuals.

Many people in Asia go to work on the same road, at the same time. It's very predictable. The night before,
they can sign up online and become available for next morning, you can accept or reject based on the
names of the passenger. Many people are doing that since it's not a hassle and get paid driving to work, and sometimes a pretty girl in the car ride with you.
One guy told me that he made a lot friends doing that.

I have no sympathy for BA taxi drivers. I have had fake notes, extended trips, scams with the machine and shit cars.

With uber you avoid the majority of these problems - Taxi drivers are mad because they know their precious monopoly is ending. Good riddance - competition is always a good thing for the consumer.

Back