Uggs?

my husband just got back from BA and saw UGGs in a shop (somewhere) in santa fe! Of course he has no idea if it were "the real ones" or just imitations -he can't see the difference :D ! But it looks like they are coming to Argentina!

katti said:
my husband just got back from BA and saw UGGs in a shop (somewhere) in santa fe! Of course he has no idea if it were "the real ones" or just imitations -he can't see the difference :D ! But it looks like they are coming to Argentina!

If you were worried about whether or not ugly footwear on girls would make it to Argentina, let me assure you that it's been here for a while. And it's everywhere... in the form of these:

6-m9165_white_cl.jpg

Middle school girls, high schools girls, college girls, and even ladies into their 50s can be seen wearing Chuck Taylors and/or any number of ripoffs. (You'll learn the brand "TOPPER"... which might as well be "CRAPO". It's the national brand.)

That being said, the cute girls that wear the high healed f-me boots aren't going to be switching to Uggs... just as they aren't already wearing the no-heeled boots or the canvas sneakers. Sorry to disappoint you, but Uggs will NOT be taking over the world. Even Crocs haven't taken over down here. You see them occasionally, but you really have to look for them.

:p

I have to say I have seen a few girls wearing Uggs (or Ugg-like footwear). I just didn't want to bring it to your attention so you won't change your mind & bring them!!! ;) j/k (about the second part.)

mini said:
I have to say I have seen a few girls wearing Uggs (or Ugg-like footwear). I just didn't want to bring it to your attention so you won't change your mind & bring them!!! ;) j/k (about the second part.)

LOL You're too funny! Well, I hate to say... last time I went home (just a couple of weeks ago) I couldn't resist and packed the Ugglies to bring back. They're sooo comfy. And I'll get cute boots for when I go out, but when I have to walk 10 blocks to and from the grocery store I am definitely not wearing stiletto boots! I've already thrown in my cards, I can't compete with the girls here and the amazing feets (ha ha, feats) they perform in those things! Besides, my feet are pretty and I wanna keep them that way! :D

I saw a girl yesterday in her Uggs in Palermo. She had her jeans tucked in her U-boots, a nice sweater and hip scarf wrapped all cute around her neck. She looked urban and hip in a comfy I am running my errands sort of way. What seems to be everywhere and I mean everywhere I look is not so much the high heeled f-me boot, but rather the long english riding-like boot up to the knee. Looks very sleek tucked into skinny jeans and as it has a more flat heel would be very comfortable. I have seen them mostly in black sometimes with a buckle sometimes not. They are lovely, must get a pair of those!

Bianca said:
LOL You're too funny! Well, I hate to say... last time I went home (just a couple of weeks ago) I couldn't resist and packed the Ugglies to bring back. They're sooo comfy. And I'll get cute boots for when I go out, but when I have to walk 10 blocks to and from the grocery store I am definitely not wearing stiletto boots! I've already thrown in my cards, I can't compete with the girls here and the amazing feets (ha ha, feats) they perform in those things! Besides, my feet are pretty and I wanna keep them that way! :D

Sadly all my high boots have been retired in this city unless I know I'll be taking a cab to & fro... So for all my protesting you might actually see me in some Ugg(l)ies!!!! :D

betts said:
I saw a girl yesterday in her Uggs in Palermo. She had her jeans tucked in her U-boots, a nice sweater and hip scarf wrapped all cute around her neck. She looked urban and hip in a comfy I am running my errands sort of way. What seems to be everywhere and I mean everywhere I look is not so much the high heeled f-me boot, but rather the long english riding-like boot up to the knee. Looks very sleek tucked into skinny jeans and as it has a more flat heel would be very comfortable. I have seen them mostly in black sometimes with a buckle sometimes not. They are lovely, must get a pair of those!

Sadly, not everyone can (nor should) be wearing skinny jeans. But I do love the riding boots. Can you wear Ugg(l)ies & riding boots with your pants over them? Probably not. :confused:

BRING THEM! I don't know what all these people are talking about but I've never been to a city where the women are more committed to wearing comfortable, ugly shoes. I have not seen one pair of really gorgeous, sexy shoes since I moved here. It is a very casual city and on the streets footwear is geared strictly toward comfort. Seeing a woman in high heels on the streets here is so rare that people turn and gawk when one goes by. Be cozy girl, you'll miss them and wonder why you listened to them if you leave them at home.

Peace~

HotYogaTeacher said:
BRING THEM! I don't know what all these people are talking about but I've never been to a city where the women are more committed to wearing comfortable, ugly shoes. I have not seen one pair of really gorgeous, sexy shoes since I moved here. It is a very casual city and on the streets footwear is geared strictly toward comfort. Seeing a woman in high heels on the streets here is so rare that people turn and gawk when one goes by. Be cozy girl, you'll miss them and wonder why you listened to them if you leave them at home.

Peace~

I didn't see in this thread were anyone said everyone wore " really gorgeous, sexy shoes". We all advocated comfortable shoes (except Napoleon who has a boot fetish). The debate is really if you encourage the use of Ugg(l)ies or not.

On what side of the Ugg debate do you fall?

UGGs are extremely UGGly. So ugly that I refused to buy them for my 13th year old daughter (it seems that "ALL" her friends have them), but she bought them anyway, with her own savings... She hardly wears them though, when I ask her why, she does not say, but I suppose that (however everyone says they are very comfortable) her feet get too hot :eek: ! I just ignore her (shoes) and hope the UGG-love will just fade (or as we say in Flemish "cool off without blowing"). So now I consider myself lucky that I don't have to go out often with a daughter wearing these UGGly things. :D
The french say "il faut souffrir pour etre belle". So the only fact that they are comfortable, will be no reason for me to wear them :D

Back