UK Electronic appliances in Argentina techie question

bloody_bloo said:
Not an option here for a couple reasons:

1) UPS should function with 220v/50hz.

Well ... my SmartUPS from APC takes anything between 110 and 240 .)

Do not brink any TVs from Europe I brought mine and it does not work here due to standards in Argentina it is not compatible.

Shan said:
Do not brink any TVs from Europe I brought mine and it does not work here due to standards in Argentina it is not compatible.

Yes, mine didn't work either. The European standard is PAL, where here they have PAL-N. BUT, you can bring newer TVs. Just make sure they support PAL-N. Many of the digital new ones do. The older ones, not so much.

bloody_bloo said:
Not an option here for a couple reasons:

1) UPS should function with 220v/50hz.

The op is coming from UK where we have 240v 50hz. The frequency is the same and the voltage is well within range. I have brought a laptop PC (quite an old one nothing fancy) and a stereo along with all sorts of electric devices like shavers and tooth brush that are not electronic but still require 240/220 volts, and have run them all with no problem,
I understand the problems coming from the States but from the UK you will have no difficulty at all using your electrical appliances.

I've been here almost 8 years, have 3 laptops, toaster, kettle, Ipod charger and other paraphernalia, all bought in the UK with (UK-Purchased) adaptors, and have never had any problem. Anything electronic you need that you can buy in the UK, I recommend to buy there. FYI here's the latest "Ipod Index" comparing cost of an Ipod across different countries, Argentina is top of the list. http://images.comsec.com.au/newsresearch/articles/global%20comparisons.pdf

Back