Uk Visa Problems

My visa consultant just emailed me this link. He says that, although there's been no official response from UKBA yet, it looks like the income threshold for family members coming to UK will soon be reduced. May be good news for some of you who will be applying for your spouse visas!
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2013/july/16-judgement

Not yet Esllou, paperwork is still in Rio De Janeiro and will probs get it back in a week or so. But we got the spouse visa a few years back with no probs, so it seems it's the rules that have changed not our situation.

Hi Farenheit -- do I understand correctly that you were issued a spousal residency visa for your husband a few years back, or a TOURIST visa? Because this could be the issue. In Canada if you are issued a permanent status residency visa and do not move to the country within the time allotted, you will have to do the whole application process again, and you will be put under even further scrutiny, with additional interviews and requirements and legitimate reasons as to why you did not move the first time the visa was issued. A friend of mine had hers for Canada, it expired before she ever moved, and on the second go round she needed to retain a lawyer, pay even higher fees, have more proof of savings/income etc etc -- and then she abandoned the process about a month before it was going to be issued because she met an Austrian guy and up and moved there instead! So she can pretty much say goodbye to Canada ever letting her in as a resident again, and even as a tourist she'll get a fair runaround after all of it.

Syngirl, that's correct, my husband did have the spouse visa before but we didn't renew it as we couldn't fulfil the requisite days in UK. The reason we were rejected is that we used downloaded bank statements not originals. An expensive mistake!
Now we are reapplying with originals (not easy getting these sent from US and UK up to date in time). We have a visa consultant checking through everything this time.

Back