Upcoming European Union Elections

estebandepraga

Registered
To all EU passports holders,
I have to admit that I until a few days ago paid no attention to this but I was enlightned by a fellow baexpat member so I did my homework.
The EU is going through difficult times and most of us who hold EU passports who live abroad dont pay much attention to them BUT WE SHOULD!
It is our priviledge and duty to vote! Some countries will allow this via their embassies here; others will not. In my particular case, Ireland does not allow voting at the embassy here; nor does Italy, but many do.
Take a few minutes and find out. REMEMBER, if you dont voice your opinion via your right to vote, then you shouldn't voice your opinion!
MAY THE RIGHT MAN OR WOMAN WIN!

To all EU passports holders,

The EU is going through difficult times and most of us who hold EU passports who live abroad dont pay much attention to them BUT WE SHOULD!
It is our priviledge and duty to vote! Some countries will allow this via their embassies here; others will not. In my particular case, Ireland does not allow voting at the embassy here; nor does Italy, but many do.

This may be a digression, but I will note that, while voting is obligatory in Argentina, the country does not permit absentee voting for Argentines abroad. Chile has a similar policy, but appears ready to change that. It's getting harder to vote in the US - the R's rely on low turnout to keep themselves in power, especially at the state and congressional levels, and are making every effort to restrict the franchise - but US voters can vote by absentee ballot in upcoming primaries and in general elections in the fall.

Banned advertisement to encourage voting in Euro election:

What's terrible is that a big proportion of the EU teenager have no clue about WW2, that's frightening.

Since the EEC + EU, we had no war between member States, we should never forget that.

EU, striving to become the USSR "lite" since February 7, 1992.

I would second Camberiu's recommendation, UKIP is the best hope for getting a libertarian type party in power. In this clip he criticizes President Hollande for trying to drag us into another war:

Of course, the statists on this forum will criticize UKIP for being racist in a desperate attempt to cling to their power and privileges.

Back