Update on cleaners

sergio

Registered
I'd like to know what people are paying these days for cleaners -- hourly rate. Do you pay transportation in addition? What service do you get for your money?

I pay my cleaner 15 pesos per hour, 4 hours. She comes 1x a week. I don't pay viaticos. But on the flip side, cleaning my apt takes less than 4 hours so it's more or less included :) I also pay her a bonus at the holidays.

She does dishes, cleans my apt, changes sheets, does floors and windows, etc. I don't have her do my laundry but she does for other clients. Same with cooking.

What is going rate for full-time maids and/or maids that work a few hours every day? Obviously it's less per hour.

we are paying 14 pesos per hour plus 7 pesos viaticos - she normally does 4 hours so that works out at 16 per hour more or less.

Those are above-normal rates though. My cleaning lady was complaining about how much a baby-sitter tried to charge her daughter....she told me it was 8.50. So nearly double that for a cleaner is alot. I pay 12.50 an hour to my cleaner although I'm sure it will go up soon.

Back