Updating Your Old Dni To The New Dni

I went to the http://turnos.minint...v.ar/turnosWeb/ website and when I tried to do the online process, it says

Corregir los siguientes datos:
  • Los extranjeros con n?mero de documento mayor a 90.000.000 deber?n presentarse en Av. Hipolito Yrigoyen 925
Note: They tell you the WRONG address on the website, jajjaja, it's Hipolito Yrigoyen 952, not 925.
Ron went yesterday and if you're over 70 you don't need an appointment. He went with me today early, we arrived around 9am and since I was with him, they were very nice and gave me a number right away, I guess the regular process is you have to have an appointment. About 30 minutes later they called my number. You only need your DNI booklet, they don't ask for a passport or any other ID. They ask if your address is the same as is in the booklet, and mine was, don't know what happens if it's changed since you got the book. They take your photo, take your fingerprints electronically (no ink), then you pay 35 pesos at the register, return to the window to show your receipt, she staples this all together, and then you get it signed on your way out. Then the new DNI is supposed to be mailed to you 30 days later. Keep your receipt in case it doesn't show up and you have to return to the office on Hipolito Yrigoyen 952. They also returned the original DNI book to you, which was a relief.
Thanks for everyone's advice! Hopefully I'll have my new DNI in 30 days!
Abrazos!
Pete & Ron

Any ideas on how to get an appointment?

I just renewed mine this week. There are a couple ways to go about it. You can make an appointment or just show up at your LOCAL centro de documentation, mine was in Olivos. If you just show up, they will give out 100 numbers upon opening and attend those 100 people during their short work day.
You will need your old dni if you have it and 35 pesos. They will send your new dni to your address in 4- 8 weeks.

Do you happen to know if they send the new one via DHL and you have to be at home to sign, or regular Correo Argentino? It's been such a long time I can't remember.

After completing the paperwork for the new DNI card at Hipolito Yrigoyen 952 they told us it would be delivered to our home in 30 days, it is also printed on the receipt that if you don't receive it in 30 days in the mail to go to their office to pick it up. We waited 50 days and it still hadn't appeared (we're usually always home during the day) so today Ron went to their office to try and pick it up. They said the new cards will be delivered in 90 days from the time of doing the paperwork. So, now we'll wait until the end of June to see if it arrives in the mail. They did tell Ron you need to sign for it in person to receive the card so he couldn't have picked up my card if they were ready. Hopefully we'll both be home when the postman comes!

You should receive a text message from the Ministerio del Interior, Florencio Randazzo, when your new DNI is put in the mail. If you are not home to pick it up, you will get another text message announcing that you were not home to sign for it. This will be repeated twice. After the 2nd attempt, the DNI will be sent to the Registro de las Personas (RENAPER) on Av. Jujuy and Av. Belgrano in Balvanera. You can pick it up there like 30 days after the 2 failed delivery attempts. You will have to wait about 1 hour on line to be called if you go there. It's pretty easy though. I remember what it was like 7 years ago and it is like going from the Flintstones to the Jetsons if you compare between then and now.

It took them six months to mail it to me. Once I had to go to Jujuy street, after calling Registro Nacional de las Personas on Hipolito Yrigoyen, after having never received any notice of attempt to deliver, and they told me I'd have to retake the photo. The second time I went to Jujuy street they said it was taking so long was because the machine that prints the paper inside the DNI was broken. Which is strange, considering I was waiting for the Nuevo Ejemplar DNI which is made of plastic. Be patient, it takes a long time.

I have an appointment on Wednesday, 10 September, with Immigration to replace my current permanent resident little brown booklet DNI for the new single card laminated DNI. Aside from the current booklet, as well as my passport, does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I should bring with me? My address is unchanged, but I shall take a current bill with my address, just in case. Any further thoughts on this? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

JoeGillis - no you don't need any evidence of address if it's the same as the last address on your booklet. You don't even need your passport either really, at least I wasn't asked for it.

JoeGillis - no you don't need any evidence of address if it's the same as the last address on your booklet. You don't even need your passport either really, at least I wasn't asked for it.

Thanks, Irelander. By the way, how long did it take to receive your new DNI?

Does this apply to renewing a temporary DNI? I have one through work- a two year contract- the first year expires in December 2014 and I need to renew it for another year. Thanks!

Back