URGENTLY need DESPACHANTE DE ADUANA (Customs Handler)

Well - on the upside - I will be with my lady in about 6 weeks - even if it is costing me an arm and a leg - and as long as my stuff DOES clear customs I'll actually have clothes for winter and all my junk I've sent from Australia... I think I'll have a scotch now before I turn in - and before I realize I may not be able to AFFORD to drink decent scotch next year :)

You could explore the option of suing the freight forwarding company in the Aussie small claims court... they seem to have failed in their duty of care and the fact that your freight is stuck due to their incompetence could work in your favor.

UPDATE: Boxes released to my girlfriend yesterday - would not have been able to get through this without Claudia my Despachante de Aduana - some valuable lessons learnt - the rest of the stuff I will bring will come with me on the plane and I won't be trying to get anything else in until I have my paperwork sorted out down there...

As for my freight/shipping company here in Australia - they will be paying for the hell they put me through - they don't know it yet but they will...

John.

Back