URGENTLY need DESPACHANTE DE ADUANA (Customs Handler)

Johnno

Registered
Hey all,

I urgently need a Despachante de Aduana to help me with boxes of mine being held in eseiza - on the paperwork I sent I put the name of my girlfriend and I put that the contents are ''personal effects'' - and the problem now is that my girlfriend went to the airport and they refused to give her the boxes because they are in her name and they are saying if they are ''personal effects'' of hers there is no way they could be coming from Australia because my girlfiend has never been to Australia...

We are both having lots of problems at the moment and my girlfriend spending 6 hours in the airport in 35 degrees celsius and blowing 500 pesos for a van to take the boxes and still going home with nothing - its like the last straw...

I urgently need help - a good Customs Handler/Depachante de Aduana will surely be able to help - in the airport they even suggested to my girlfriend that all my 7 boxes need to be sent back to Australia and sent again - it cost me 2000 dollars to send the boxes in the first place...

If someone knows of a really good Despachante de Aduana please let me know as soon as possible...

In only 6 weeks I plan to be down there - and in the boxes I have most of the stuff I need - my winter clothes and books for teaching and everything...

Many thanks in advance,

John.

You can contact on my behalf (Dominique) Maria Bernardo. The company is Interhouse located in Buenos Aires.. They cleared my full container and last year my son's one very well. You can also speak to Claudia Asad if Maria is not in the office
Teléfono 0114326 3780
Dirección Florida 716 Piso 9
I think from 8 they should answer you..
I unfortunately can't find her cell phone number..
Best Regards

You can contact on my behalf (Dominique) Maria Bernardo. The company is Interhouse located in Buenos Aires.. They cleared my full container and last year my son's one very well. You can also speak to Claudia Asad if Maria is not in the office
Teléfono 0114326 3780
Dirección Florida 716 Piso 9
I think from 8 they should answer you..
I unfortunately can't find her cell phone number..
Best Regards

Reading your message, I don't think you will be able to clear the container without paying heavy duties.. In fact to enter a box of personal items without paying fees, you need a "precaria residencia" minimum.. a "seguro caucion" you have to pay every year during 3 years until you have the permanent residence... I think you made a big mistake handling things like that.. Sometimes, before to consult a pro before because this type of mistake can cost you a lot of money !!
I keep my fingers crossed.. Good luck

Thanks for the feedback guys - I'm freaking out at this end - but hopefully I can get this sorted out soon - paying about 60 dollars US a day while they hold my boxes there is going to end up being a VERY expensive exercise for me...

Good luck with a solution (it's going to be tricky).
Expect a despachante to ask you 300/500 USD minimum + the customs fees (maybe 50% that will apply on the shipping costs as well).

Your best bet is to find a despachante who can make things cooler but I don't know how flexible they are at Ezeiza.

Sorry to tell you that, but you had another option : shipping by boat (way cheaper) and going to pick up the boxes from the Bs As port as "unaccompanied luggage" (0 tax with a good despachante).

Too 500 pesos for a flete for 7 boxes is way out of range :
A small Renault Kangoo would charge about 80/100 pesos plus 50/60 pesos per waiting hour. I really don't know how your GF managed to reach 500 pesos

Yes, good luck Johno.
A despachante is the only way to go really. I know others if the one suggested can't help.

I'm talking to Claudia and Maria now guys - keep your fingers crossed for me...

I'll give you a full update a bit later tonight/in the morning guys - maybe at least that way others can learn from my mistake - and the idea of ''saving money'' at my end by using a discount freight forwarding company who are absolute rubbish and don't know what they are doing - it didn't ''save'' me at all - they checked my paperwork - had no idea what the requirements/rules/etc. were for Argentina - and obviously don't really care - now I have a real mess to try to sort out...

Back