Uruguay Bans Real Estate Sales In Cash

If the Cedin has workable limitations then it could be a decent option on the buying side. I would expect the income taxes plus the fees to bring the cash in would be less than the breach (at the moment). Not sure though and would want to speak to some people who've actually done this.

The fallacy still exists though for expat buyers who think they can bring cash here, exchange at the blue rate, and buy property. You must still show provenance of the funds. Example; you somehow get U$100.000 Dollars here and go change at 14. You now have A$R1.400.000 Pesos. If you go to buy a property for A$R1.200.000 Pesos they will ask you where you got the Pesos. You didn't earn them in Argentina. You didn't sell another property in Pesos. Are you going to tell AFIP that you got a smoking great rate at your cueva? LOL!

If you pay in Dollars you need to show provenance. If you pay in Pesos you need to show provenance.

If the Cedin has workable limitations then it could be a decent option on the buying side. I would expect the income taxes plus the fees to bring the cash in would be less than the breach (at the moment). Not sure though and would want to speak to some people who've actually done this.

The fallacy still exists though for expat buyers who think they can bring cash here, exchange at the blue rate, and buy property. You must still show provenance of the funds. Example; you somehow get U$100.000 Dollars here and go change at 14. You now have A$R1.400.000 Pesos. If you go to buy a property for A$R1.200.000 Pesos they will ask you where you got the Pesos. You didn't earn them in Argentina. You didn't sell another property in Pesos. Are you going to tell AFIP that you got a smoking great rate at your cueva? LOL!

If you pay in Dollars you need to show provenance. If you pay in Pesos you need to show provenance.

So either way, Iam F***d..Show the provenance..No can say borrowed from my buddy at the Yakuza clan?

Back