Uruguay Visa Run

Hi All,
I entered Argentina on June 10th. I am a US citizen here with my wife and child who are dual US/Argentine citizens. We are planning to be here until January of next year. We are planning a visa run to Colonia next weekend. We always assumed this would not be an issue until I read this thread today. Does anyone have any information on the extended stay visa?
One option you have is not do a visa run. When it is time to leave from EZE in January, go to the airport an hour earlier and pay the overstay fee. That means you will not go to any other country until you leave Argentina. If you go to Colonia (or any other country) before your visa expires, I don't see why there would be a problem. I never heard of any problems and people are doing it forever. Just have a nice attitude, the custom officers are very nice people in general. Also, if your wife is with you, she will make sure no one messes with you :) But seriously this means you have to make the run twice before leaving in January, so consider staying over and pay the fee. It is much cheaper that way.

One option you have is not do a visa run. When it is time to leave from EZE in January, go to the airport an hour earlier and pay the overstay fee. That means you will not go to any other country until you leave Argentina. If you go to Colonia (or any other country) before your visa expires, I don't see why there would be a problem. I never heard of any problems and people are doing it forever. Just have a nice attitude, the custom officers are very nice people in general. Also, if your wife is with you, she will make sure no one messes with you :) But seriously this means you have to make the run twice before leaving in January, so consider staying over and pay the fee. It is much cheaper that way.

You would not have an issue, the first time. Go ahead. If you plan to stay till Jan just go 10 days before you new expiration stamp date to migraciones to renew for another 90 days and then leave in Jan. Don't do a second run.

You would not have an issue, the first time. Go ahead. If you plan to stay till Jan just go 10 days before you new expiration stamp date to migraciones to renew for another 90 days and then leave in Jan. Don't do a second run.
P.S. There re no more stamps in the passport but you can check online the duration of admission.

As the spounse of an argentine citizen you are in possesion of status of argentina by marriage. So, do not do visa runs. It us unwise because it is in the precedents of the Federal Chamber of Appeals a clue of spying while the lawyers of deportation depparment in their writings talk about a crime because Decreto 616/2010 says it in an abuse of the tourist, a fraud.

Thank you all for your input. I did the run with no problems but will weigh all my options going forward. Cheers!

Back