US citizens and Sputnik V Situation

J&J is literally lobbying at this point to get their vaccine to a 2 dose recommendation.

Evidence show J&J is even stronger with 2 doses.

The FDA voted against authorizing them for the general public not on grounds of their safety but on the grounds that it's unclear if the protection is lasting.

I'll give you a 2 step decision matrix for me:
1. Will this kill me?
2. Will it stop me from being killed?

If the answers are: No and Maybe/Yes, sign me up.

J&J is literally lobbying at this point to get their vaccine to a 2 dose recommendation.

Evidence show J&J is even stronger with 2 doses.

The FDA voted against authorizing them for the general public not on grounds of their safety but on the grounds that it's unclear if the protection is lasting.

I'll give you a 2 step decision matrix for me:
1. Will this kill me?
2. Will it stop me from being killed?

If the answers are: No and Maybe/Yes, sign me up.

That's not what I read. There were concerns about safety. Also there were also concerns that if there were a lot of adverse effects the unvaccinated population may never agree to vaccination. I don't intend to start a debate on the subject but I'd advise you to use caution.

Again, safety of the booster is still an issue.
Dr. Hayley Gans, a voting member, said she was “struck” that the FDA was asking the committee to look at the totality of the evidence presented Friday because some data, including on safety, was still insufficient.

I haven't been keeping up on the latest news... I know the US hasn't approved Sputnik, but far as I know travellers to the US have to take a Covid test before flying. It seems the vaccine isn't required?

I just got first dose of Sputnik yesterday. I didn't want the Russian or Chinese vaccine, but here in GBA they don't tell you what you're going to get. I waited so long because I wanted a choice, but with all the cases in the US lately, thought I should try my chances. My husband had gone the day before for his 2nd Sputnik jab and asked what they were giving as first dose and they said Astrazeneca. Turns out not, but I didn't find out until I had already been in line for half an hour. The whole system has been awful, imo. I'm jealous of my family members in the US that just had to walk in and get the shot of their choice with no wait at their local supermarket or drugstore.

I felt sick all of today. No way I'm going to get a second Sputnik shot. I was told the second shot could be Moderna, so I'll definitely be holding out for that. Whether here or when I can finally travel to the US, I don't know. At this point, I'd prefer it done in the US.

I haven't been keeping up on the latest news... I know the US hasn't approved Sputnik, but far as I know travellers to the US have to take a Covid test before flying. It seems the vaccine isn't required?

I just got first dose of Sputnik yesterday. I didn't want the Russian or Chinese vaccine, but here in GBA they don't tell you what you're going to get. I waited so long because I wanted a choice, but with all the cases in the US lately, thought I should try my chances. My husband had gone the day before for his 2nd Sputnik jab and asked what they were giving as first dose and they said Astrazeneca. Turns out not, but I didn't find out until I had already been in line for half an hour. The whole system has been awful, imo. I'm jealous of my family members in the US that just had to walk in and get the shot of their choice with no wait at their local supermarket or drugstore.

I felt sick all of today. No way I'm going to get a second Sputnik shot. I was told the second shot could be Moderna, so I'll definitely be holding out for that. Whether here or when I can finally travel to the US, I don't know. At this point, I'd prefer it done in the US.
Everyone is different. I had Sputnik first. Zero reaction. Moderna second, A very sore arm for two days. And I found the vaccination process here to be very well organized and the entire system worked very well. Your experience is not everyone's experience.

Everyone is different. I had Sputnik first. Zero reaction. Moderna second, A very sore arm for two days. And I found the vaccination process here to be very well organized and the entire system worked very well. Your experience is not everyone's experience.

Of course. I was speaking for myself. But the lack of choice of vaccine, the wait times, the limited places one could go to receive the vaccine (which in my case turned out to be a dirty foyer with people crammed together outside) make it a poor experience for myself and many others. I understand Capital has managed the process much better, but on the other side of General Paz, it's often not as nice. I've been stressing in quarantine waiting to see when I could choose a EU/US vaccine and ended up having to settle.

The cherry on top is that now I'm vaccinated with a vaccine not even the WHO approves. That's why I want Moderna as the second shot (specifically for the international approval for travel.) The side effects have nothing to do with anything... that's just luck and me complaining. My husband and MIL both are fully vaccinated with Sputnik and neither had side effects.

From what I had read US citizens are always allowed back home. I had also found out that your spouse also is allowed even if not a US citizen. In our case a family of 4, 3 of us US citizens and wife is not...even travelling from Brazil to the US which is blocked to everyone else, I was told we were allwed to enter the US without any vaccine requirement.

Would anyone know if the non US citizen family member would still be allowed under the new rules in november?

Trips to Uruguay for US approved vaccines is now being offered..!

Of course. I was speaking for myself. But the lack of choice of vaccine, the wait times, the limited places one could go to receive the vaccine (which in my case turned out to be a dirty foyer with people crammed together outside) make it a poor experience for myself and many others. I understand Capital has managed the process much better, but on the other side of General Paz, it's often not as nice. I've been stressing in quarantine waiting to see when I could choose a EU/US vaccine and ended up having to settle.

The cherry on top is that now I'm vaccinated with a vaccine not even the WHO approves. That's why I want Moderna as the second shot (specifically for the international approval for travel.) The side effects have nothing to do with anything... that's just luck and me complaining. My husband and MIL both are fully vaccinated with Sputnik and neither had side effects.

Will the mixed vaccine doses be accepted internationally?

Back