US embassy 4th July party canceled?

chris

Registered
Is is correct that the US embassy canceled its annual Independence Day Party, a major diplomatic event here, in a show of disgust over poor relations with Argentina? This is what an Argentine friend told me but I can't seem to confirm it.

Could you give me a link to any article, Spanish or English?

Not limited to:

No celebration and entry denial at the US embassy for US citizens in Argentina.

For me this 4 of July 2011 in Buenos Aires has been a very sad day, really very sad. I am away from US home and I was very anxious to, as always celebrate this day that to me is of a tremendous significance. In June I began to look for a place to be at, so the first thing I did was to visit the US Embassy WEB site. (read below). I have also been looking for other places with no much luck. Except that yesterday there was a chili and beer somewhere in Palermo, I did attend but there was only chili and beer just to collect money for the NYJ team or something related to that.

So today the only place to go was the US embassy. When I got there, not only was there no celebration but I was denied entry, hello anybody.....no entry.
I was treated like trash by the vigilante (at the door) so I asked for an Embassy Officer. After 10 minutes the Embassy PR and I guess was an aid for the US Consul showed up and (but not limited to) I was told that nothing was being done at the embassy and basically to get lost, that of the 30K USA citizens living in Buenos Aires I was the only asking to get in to celebrate. I brought up the fact that I read the embassy website and I was told by the PR that she was sure nothing was being done because she did the page herself.

but it will also be fun for us because “4th of July” means celebration and joy. Everyone is invited to visit the welcome tent,

In the meantime I could see the ten that was set up for the Argentineans to celebrate.....Hello anybody.............And now for reading again the web page were iPod and more.......yes for the Argentineans asking for visas.

Can anybody explain to me the meaning of the word "fun, us, everyone?

The PR has indicated with enthusiasm that the US Argentinean Embassy was the only one open worldwise. Right now I am very upset cause to me the embassy is home away from home.

Cannot wait to get back to mainland.

Back