US Embassy: presidential election voting reminder for citizens in ARG

I used the embassy twice: in 2020 I dropped it off and it was never received in Ft Lauderdale. In 2022 I rushed it to the embassy with 24 days to spare but it was received 10 days late. The fax today worked like a charm.
During a previous election, I delivered my ballot to the US Embassy which never arrived to be counted. I am interested in knowing how a bag of mail from the US Embassy is handled between Argentina and the US. It is definitely not the best way to insure that ballots arrive before an election.

Today's email from the US Embassy regarding voting indicates that I wasted my time and money voting, but I still have hope that mine will be counted.

Returning your ballot by international mail.
If using Correo Argentino's postal system, be sure to include sufficient international postage, and allow enough time for delivery. Ballots sent via regular international mail at this point are unlikely to reach local election officials by state ballot receipt deadlines.

Today's email from the US Embassy regarding voting indicates that I wasted my time and money voting, but I still have hope that mine will be counted.

Returning your ballot by international mail.
If using Correo Argentino's postal system, be sure to include sufficient international postage, and allow enough time for delivery. Ballots sent via regular international mail at this point are unlikely to reach local election officials by state ballot receipt deadlines.
Based on everyone's experiences, I'm skeptical that the Embassy's sense of timing re: the mail is accurate. For what it's worth, I dropped my ballot off at the post office on Wednesday morning, and the tracking lookup says it left Argentina yesterday. Maybe I'll eat my words, but assuming it left by air and not by rowboat, I imagine it will make it to the local voting administrator in time.

I mailed my ballot only two days after receiving it. It seems that they are discouraging us from voting, as if it's a waste of time. How could anyone return a ballot earlier?

Illinois sent me a friendly reminder to complete the voter registration and absentee ballot request in February. Today I received my ballot for the general election which has to be mailed. Finding a #10 envelope and having it printed with the mailing information is a challenge. The US postal service will not deliver your ballot if the template it stapled, taped or glued onto an envelope.
I have found that the neighborhood printing places in Argentina are "can do" operations. Put the address on a pen drive or email them the address and tell them what you need and they will pull it off. Good Luck.

Back