Us Embassy Says Americans Have No Right To A Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to meet these "many others" of which you speak. Having already met you in person and not feeling the need to see your documents or "proof", I'd rather hear someone else's similar story, to be perfectly honest. This is 4 pages of basically nothing but rants with very little, if any, actual detail. Does the birth certificate state why they are denying the renewal of your passport? I'm pretty certain it doesn't. Does your expired passport state it? Nope, and neither do your responses to this thread. If it were me, I'd present the actual reason they are telling you that they are not renewing your passport. One could conclude that in all your argumentativeness and righteousness, you simply omitted to obtain that reason and chose to forcefully demand what you want without taking the time to listen to them intently. Having had this experience with you in person, I'm fairly content with that conclusion.

Who doesnt know that Americans of all races are terrorized and abused a million times a day by DHS, TSA, CBP, ICE and DEA ?

Go ahead and report this thread to Holly Wilkeron at the US embassy Argentina and let's see them use it as yet another reason to deny my citizenship and or passport. :lol:

In America, the police break down doors and throw concussion grenades into the cribs of sleeping babies...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2643344/Horror-SWAT-team-throw-stun-grenade-toddlers-CRIB-drugs-raid-leaving-coma-severe-burns.html

Sounds like a police state to me.

Listen up folks, Im not keen on debating behind an icon and username mask. If this topic piqued your interest, then deal with me in person, look at my expired US passport, my NYC birth certificate and printed letters from my lawyers.

If you think Im just a whackjob, then make your case in public to my face.

Go tell Holly Wilkerson and Brendan O'Brien at the embassy that there's a whackjob on the loose sullying their good name. Let's see them declare publicly that Daniel Bruno was not born in New York City, may not be a US citizen, may be using fake names, stolen identities, fake social security numbers or something else. Come on embassy, a lot of Americans are reading this blog and have commented for or against Daniel Bruno. Its time for you to step out of your bunker and make a statement. You are civil servants. You are waving the flag of our country on top of your fortified listening post.

While youre at it, what about those 3700 argie tourist visas per day being processed at US$150 a pop. :eek:

With that kind of money rolling in, what cant the US embassy Argentina accept a collect call from an American in distress?

I would like to add something which I strongly all adhere by.

The idea and purpose of the weekly chat is to meet newcomers as well as to connect with those already known to us who regularly attend.
It is a social event PERIOD!
This seems to be becoming a topic which has people upset and never-ending.
Accusations thrown about like dog manure and the end product being anything but a pleasant and social one.
There are many forums and meet ups which are dedicated to politics, religion and the like and thus suggest that this is where any further discussions to this passport and accompanying topics be addressed and NOT HERE!
Everyone could get on their soap box about one topic or another and until now, if they have done that, it has been in a remote corner of Hyde Park and not at Starbucks or a local cafe.
I , for one, will attend tomorrow but will leave immediately if the nature of the chat goes sour. While this is indeed a public venue, when it affects its partakers, in any which way it may, then it becomes a private matter.
Everyone has hurdles in their path of life which they must attempt to put behind them. EVERYONE! For each of us, they are different in their nature and effects. Here in Argentina, is it not enough that we must deal with inflation, corruption and lack of personal security to beat to death more controversies?

I wish all only the best in their personal struggles but that doesn't mean that I want to take up arms for them or even hear the details of the battle.

I wish all a pleasant and peaceful chat tomorrow and afterwards.

I would like to add something which I strongly all adhere by.

The idea and purpose of the weekly chat is to meet newcomers as well as to connect with those already known to us who regularly attend.
It is a social event PERIOD!
This seems to be becoming a topic which has people upset and never-ending.
Accusations thrown about like dog manure and the end product being anything but a pleasant and social one.
There are many forums and meet ups which are dedicated to politics, religion and the like and thus suggest that this is where any further discussions to this passport and accompanying topics be addressed and NOT HERE!
Everyone could get on their soap box about one topic or another and until now, if they have done that, it has been in a remote corner of Hyde Park and not at Starbucks or a local cafe.
I , for one, will attend tomorrow but will leave immediately if the nature of the chat goes sour. While this is indeed a public venue, when it affects its partakers, in any which way it may, then it becomes a private matter.
Everyone has hurdles in their path of life which they must attempt to put behind them. EVERYONE! For each of us, they are different in their nature and effects. Here in Argentina, is it not enough that we must deal with inflation, corruption and lack of personal security to beat to death more controversies?

I wish all only the best in their personal struggles but that doesn't mean that I want to take up arms for them or even hear the details of the battle.

I wish all a pleasant and peaceful chat tomorrow and afterwards.

Dan, I have to agree with Esteban. With all the empathy in the world, folks on this forum can't help with what, at the end of the day, is a personal problem. You've expressed your feelings clearly and made your views known, but it's obviously not something that can be influenced in any way by anyone but you and the State Department.

I certainly can't tell you to stop communicating, nor would I ever want to, but It would seem there's nothing more to say on the subject, pro or con, that isn't just repetition.

My own story, similar to yours in some ways but much smaller in magnitude, is about my handicapped brother-in-law. He lives in Argentina and we bring him to the US with us (he can't travel alone) for a few months around the holidays each year. Some years back, the US Embassy here in BsAs rejected his tourist visa request, which, of course, was devastating to his sister.

We started a two-year campaign to fix this. The short version is that, with the support of both senators from our state, a ten-year visa was finally issued. I believe the key to success was that at no time did we ever let our frustration show (and there was plenty), and always stayed polite and respectful, even when we ached to call some recalcitrant bureaucrat a useless bucket of shit.

This isn't advice, just a story from experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back