US Embassy says Argentina under Level 4 Alert

Redpossum

Registered
I was casually perusing the US Embassy website and found this -
With a bright red warning bar, it says -
Level 4: Do not travel to Argentina due to COVID-19

Then again, to be fair, I suspect most of the world is under such alerts right now. The embassy website in Afghanistan is also showing Level 4 alert, it says -
Level 4: Do not travel to Afghanistan due to COVID-19, crime, terrorism, civil unrest, kidnapping, and armed conflict.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit silly that both countries are under the same level of Alert? I mean, yeah, Ezeiza can be a shitshow, but nothing like Kabul airport...

The U.S. Department of State is not only responsible for travel advice but for the nation's foreign policy and international relations. They are tragically incompetent at both.

Quoted For Truth! And "tragically incompetent" might be putting it nicely.
It's been a loooong time since the US had an actual diplomat as SecState. Maybe Kissinger was the last one you could really call a diplomat?

Really, that's a bit silly, guys :) there's hardly any problem getting flights out of Ezeiza, the problem is getting back in.

That's not true. Only super expensive flights (over $4,000 one way to Miami) are available on relatively short notice.

That's not true. Only super expensive flights (over $4,000 one way to Miami) are available on relatively short notice.
Well, if you say so, I suppose, though I'm writing this as I drink my coffee looking out over the Caribbean, and I didn't pay anything close to $4k to be here. It doesn't have to be Miami (I personally wouldn't go there unless I was paid for it), and one-way is always more expensive.

Back