Us Expat Working Remotely For Us Company - Tax Help

serafina. you will pay self employment taxes regardless. that feeds into social security later in life. you do have the opportunity to deduct your expenses. not an expert but it looks like veritas was trying to fly below the radar on immigration. thought if he wanted to play the game his best chances were to receive money in the US, pay taxes including self employment with the deductions. it works for most business people. I really think with what I read, the 102,000 or 95,000 is deduction is against the income you received as a resident and paying taxes in a foreign country. the US taxes on your passport. mi dos centavos.

sarafina: laughing now, just understood you point. another reason why veritas free tax system won't work.

whenever something sounds too good to be true, it is. (not good, that is)
while I do believe in free lunch, having been served them many times, and having served them to others, I dont believe you can get out of paying taxes.

what exactly is Argentina's policy for income earned outside Argentina though one may be a tax resident of Argentina?

whenever something sounds too good to be true, it is. (not good, that is)
while I do believe in free lunch, having been served them many times, and having served them to others, I dont believe you can get out of paying taxes.

The only way to get out of paying income taxes in the US and Argentina is to earn less than approximately $13,000 USD per year.

If it's passive income it would not be subject to FICA and Medicare tax in the USA.

Of course the IVA in Argentina would still take a bite of 21% on most purchases, though used items purchased on Mercado Libre and OLX are exempt.

You also have to look at state taxes, depending on which state you are from. For example, if you're from California and have a CA bank account, even if you live abroad, you still need to pay California taxes regardless of what you pay or don't pay to the IRS.

Back