"USA Run"

Given what you all have posted the last few hours, it appears as though repeated "US Runs" may work. Going to the US for 2 weeks is not the same as going to Uruguay for the day. However, I may pursue residency of some sort because the uncertainty upon every arrival to EZE would be unpleasant.

Given what you all have posted the last few hours, it appears as though repeated "US Runs" may work. Going to the US for 2 weeks is not the same as going to Uruguay for the day.

I hope you did not come to this conclusion based on what I wrote. Even if what the lady at migraciones said about asking for a prorroga for 90 days after making a visa run to Uruguay is true and is actually the official policy of migraciones (which seems dubious) I don't think it could be repeated indefinitely. Returning to the USA for two weeks (after a 180 day stay) might work a few times, but, as you indicated, the uncertainty upon every arrival to EZE would be unpleasant...and the the actual results could be even less desirable. Sooner or later they probably would be.

Last edited:
PS to my previous post: A more appropriate question to ask may be: Even if I could come "to Argentina for 90 days, and then go to Uruguay to get a new 90 day visa, and then get a 90 day prorroga, and then go to the USA for two weeks, will I be allowed back in the country and receive a new 90 day visa with which I can repeat the procedure?

On what grounds could migraciones arrest someone who is the holder of a still valid 90 day tourist visa obtained after leaving and reentering Argentina prior to the expiration of the first 90 day tourist visa.

PS: If they could do that wouldn't it mean the employee who suggested that the foreigner get a 90 day prorroga after making a "visa run"to get a new 90 days visa was either ignorant of actual policy or just making it up?

On Monday I have to start a criminal complaint against 2 agents of immigration who went to the supermarket to told my client to go immigration to get his precaria. Of course this is a lie.

Again. The abuse of the I-94 is still illegal plus I already explained how they can arrest you without a warrant at the DNM.

I did that for some years before I received my residency and had reasonable success. Mind you this was some years ago and I would imagine things may be quite different now.

Sure, like a new immigration decree that copied 7 laws of the South African Apartheid.

I remember only one post by one member who reported he were told "this is the last time" when returning form a visa run to Uruguay, but I don't recall anyone posting that they were denied reentry.

Several years ago (at least) someone got a habilitacion de salida (ten day notice to leave the country) upon reentry, but that was because the border agent couldn't override a prorroga de permanencia issued at migraciones.

As far as I know, the only time that a member of this forum was denied reentry at EZE was because he had not paid the overstay fee prior to his previous departure.

I wonder how many North Americans, Europeans, Brits, and/or Australians have actually been arrested and detained for deportation by migraciones for having an expired tourist visa, especially since the inception of the DNU 70/2017.

There were 3 people rejected from the US abd Canara as far as I remember in this forum.

PS to my previous post: A more appropriate question to ask may be: Even if I could come "to Argentina for 90 days, and then go to Uruguay to get a new 90 day visa, and then get a 90 day prorroga, and then go to the USA for two weeks, will I be allowed back in the country and receive a new 90 day visa with which I can repeat the procedure?

The question is wrong. You cannot predict it as far as the whole thing is illegal. You need luck because you can be deported.

Back